Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is System Scan Stuck?

Options

After having problems for the past 3 days with a Windows 7 black screen and sometimes being able to enter my password but not progressing any further, I am now running a System Scan to see if BD total security 2014 can help identify any issues. It has now been running over 10 hours, the elapsed time is still increasing but it has been at 70% for some time now. It shows it has scanned 547243 items; 4 items are infected and has skipped 25826 items. As the elapsed time is still increasing, I assume the scan is still working but don't understand why it appears to be stuck on 70% and is showing the following file: c:\programdata\trusteer\rapport\store\user\conf\1981299\logos\439ea01ce8c3bf313... Can anyone advise what is happening?

Also, I am not certain whether this is the cause, but when I turned on my PC 3 days ago after not using it for 2 months, Windows automatically updated - does anyone know if this can be the cause of my black screen problems after entering my password?

Comments

• antikythera
    edited November 2014
    Options

updates are usually applied before the login screen with progress indicator e.g. percentage and stage.

Please note that if your PC has updated via MS update then it has more than likely also applied all Bitdefender program updates as well. There is an issue with Bitdefender since summer that seems to cause a 30+ second delay at the blackscreen stage for quite a lot of people. That may also be a contributory factor if your computer eventually recovers.

if the PC has been off for a couple of months and then suddenly seems to get stuck during startup/login for no apparent reason then I would recommend running a scan of the hard drive for physical errors. open the command prompt with admin rights(right click command prompt from the windows start menu accessories category). then type

chkdsk c: /F

if C is not the drive letter for your hard drive change it to the right letter.

when prompted type Y and press enter to scan at next startup. Then type exit and restart the PC. The scan will take place and fix any errors automatically. If it can't fix them it will tell you. Likewise if it can't find any (which is what you would hope to see).

After that, run disk cleanup followed by disk defragmenter both of which are in start menu>accessories>system tools.