Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Using Bitdefender With Other Anti-virus

Options

Prior to purchasing and installing Bitdefender Anti-Virus Pro 2015 I had been using McAfee (which came with my Windows PC) and up until recently AVG. Along with these programs I had installed the free versions of SpyBot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware. Occasionally I would run the latter two programs just to catch anything that may have slipped thru the cracks. All the programs worked well together without conflicts.

Since it was necessary to delete all traces of each of the above programs before Bitdefender would install, I am wondering if there is any usefulness in re-installing the free versions of SpyBot and Ad-Aware. Or is Bitdefender considered robust and thorough enough to where adding these two additional "protections" is not really necessary. I know it is not wise to have multiple anti-virus programs running at the same time, but since these are the free versions, with less features, then possibly they may not cause a conflict.

Just wanted to get others thoughts on this issue. Thanks.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya Stardog,

Running other active security software with Bitdefender is certainly not recommended and can cause conflict due to the active scan engines. However, I know many who run other anti-malware programs occasionally on demand to check for PUPs and PUAs that may have been missed, I do once a month but have yet to find anything of significance that has been missed by Bitdefender. :)

Ro.

• stardog
    Options
    Hiya Stardog,

Running other active security software with Bitdefender is certainly not recommended and can cause conflict due to the active scan engines. However, I know many who run other anti-malware programs occasionally on demand to check for PUPs and PUAs that may have been missed, I do once a month but have yet to find anything of significance that has been missed by Bitdefender. :)

Ro.

Thanks. I probably do the same thing you do. I generally just run Ad-Aware or SpyBot on occasion, they are never actively running in the background. May continue doing so after I've allowed Bitdefender to do its thing for awhile. Worst case scenario is I don't utilize them anymore and trust Bitdefender to find everything.