Homestead And Disabling Firewall

Greetings.

This past week, I am having problems publishing my website pages - I am using Homestead.com. They think it may be an issue with BitDefender. How do I disable my firewall to retry publishing as they suggested?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Hello Frisco,

What version of BitDefender are you using?

Cris.

• Hello Frisco,

What version of BitDefender are you using?

Cris.

11.0.16, Cris. I did try going into game mode, but no luck. Thank you for your help. I'm not convinced it's BitDefender yet.

Judy

• Security Center -> Settings -> Firewall

There, un-check the Firewall checkbox, and choose for how long you want to turn it off.

What problems are you having, exactly?

Cris.

• Security Center -> Settings -> Firewall

There, un-check the Firewall checkbox, and choose for how long you want to turn it off.

What problems are you having, exactly?

Cris.

Cris, I'll be darned. It worked. I disabled the firewall and the page published.

(Problem details: After I made changes to my webpage using Homestead's sitebuilder (not sitebuilder lite) then I need to publish/upload it to the web and when I tried to do that I would get a message saying there was an error publishing it to the web (and, of course, giving me the option to upgrade, which I did not need to do.)

I had already gotten rid of Earthlink's Propel. No help.)

But disabling the firewall did the trick. Thanks so very much!!

Judy

• Hello Judy,

Is Homestead's sitebuilder an offline application (something that you installed on your PC)? Then if BD Firewall blocked it's access, you might want to look at this FAQ: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=4421

Please post if this solved your problem.

Cris.

• Hi Cris,

I too have Homstead Sitebuilder and am having trouble running the program. Everything was fine until about a week ago. I guess maybe BitDefender has something in an update causing the problem.

I have read your above solution and am trying to follow the instructions however when I go to

security firewall I do not see a "Traffic" tabs or option. :unsure:

I'm using Window XPsp2. Can you advise?

Thank you.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1570" data-fileid="1570" rel="">firewall.bmp

• That article is about BitDefender Security Center and BitDefender Firewall.

I've added a little info in the article. Maybe you can understand it easier now.

Cris.