Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Tray Icon And Gziface Sometimes Starts, Sometimes Doesn't

Options

So, I 've got this weird problem:

Sometimes, when I boot my system, the BitDefender tray icon will show up properly. But sometimes it won't and, even worse, the gziface.exe process won't start (it's not visible in task manager as it normally is, only gzserv is there). My system is running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit, with a T2500 processor and 3gb of RAM.

Is this a known problem, or I am the first to encounter it? This used to happen rarely, but recently it happens almost every other boot.

Any ideas or suggestions?

PS: Am i still protected with only gzserv running? In case the Virus Shield catches something, how will I be notified to restart the system so cleanup can be performed, if there is no bitdefender interface active?

PPS: Wish my old windows pc was fast enough to handle Avast, but it can't...

Comments

Sometimes, when I boot my system, the BitDefender tray icon will show up properly. But sometimes it won't and, even worse, the gziface.exe process won't start (it's not visible in task manager as it normally is, only gzserv is there).

Any ideas or suggestions?

PS: Am i still protected with only gzserv running? In case the Virus Shield catches something, how will I be notified to restart the system so cleanup can be performed, if there is no bitdefender interface active?

I advise you to make sure there is no other security solution present (or remains of it). Running the removal tool for the previous antivirus in your system may help to do this. I hope this works.

As long as the service, gzserv.exe, is running and the product is logged in or within the trial period, the interface, gziface.exe, may be closed without loosing Bitdefender's protection. You may test if you are protected by trying to download the anti-malware test file from eicar.org.