Key Is Invalid (license Key Was Misused) Apparently

I started the cancellation/refund process for Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 and change my mind and cancelled the refund process and informed support,

I still can't activate via the software says Activation Key is invalid, when I go to My Bitdefender account > My Subscriptions and click on the support button

next to My Licence Key is takes me to a page that says:

We kindly inform you that your license key was misused, and consequently invalidated.

This usually happens when you purchase a license key from an unauthorized reseller or from a suspicious website.

In this case, please contact the Bitdefender support as soon as possible.

Unless you deem yourselves and Avangate as an unauthorized reseller then I'm not sure why the Key is revoked, the longer this goes on the more days I'm loosing

out on my paid subscription which I hope will be returned once this is sorted!

Assigned ticket number is 2014120907180001

Comments

• srome
    edited December 2014

Ticket on going two days now and as your so called support can't be bothered to reply I've opened another ticket: 2014120920340002 and I will be looking for a refund.

I'm not the only person who complains about the lack of support Bitdefender offer and really need to change there operating procedures or you will keep getting the

lowest grade F from the likes of the Better Business Bureau and the many complaints all over the internet about your aftersales service.

Shame you have an "apparently" good product really let down by your staff/owner/s and your shady hidden Auto Renew tick box tactic where people seem to blame

Avangate for but no doubt its dictated to them by the top brass at Bitdefender!

• srome
    edited December 2014

Still waiting for the Bank to process my refund! some kind of official confirmation email that my refund is even happening would be nice, not sure what bank you keep

talking about though (Bitdefender) I paid with PayPal.

Bitdefender you might want to ask Santa Clause to arrange this for the new year: Customer Training Course

• srome
    edited December 2014

6 Days and 3 emails from Bitdefender that say the same sentence:

Please be informed that we are currently working on resolving your Customer Care request, ticket no: 2014120920340002, and will be getting back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Instead of telling me you will get back to me shortly, just press the PayPal refund button and job done, but I assume you rather me post negative comments on my

thread.

• srome
    edited December 2014

IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE, I WOULD LIKE A REPLY FROM SOMEONE FROM BITDEFENDER!

EMAIL form Bitdefender today, another stalling dirty tactic,

Email just received:

We kindly inform you that, due to the chargeback opened, the product has been invalidated until the two parties shall agree to a final resolution. Until the process ends we cannot access your order or refund it.

Please note that in order to close the status of the dispute we need the confirmation of your bank that the investigation started has been closed. Please contact them and ask for a letter of confirmation and forward it as reply to this message in order to urgent the process. We kindly inform you that a chargeback is a dispute where the customer bank contests the charge of a company upon the client's credit card and starts the investigation of his legitimacy. Only when the investigation of the bank finishes can we receive the amount paid by the customer or the funds are returned to the customer account, depending on the result of the investigation.

Stuart, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other question, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

I paid with PayPal and Avangate KNOW that I have stopped the Case against them!

I would love to know if anyone else has had to provide a LETTER (oh my) to get there refund?

My next step will be acquiring a crime number form the police in the UK and report it as a theft, followed by highlighting this shameful company to

watchdog to try and get you some TV coverage in the UK I'm sure they will be interested due to the MASS of negative information ALL over the internet.

The quantity of cash you owe me is neither here or there but I will highlight your company for what it is!

• srome
    edited December 2014

Finally refund handed over, you really don't do yourselves any favours dragging this out like you have, simply no reason at all!

Not sure why it was all of a sudden done, but maybe my Truthful comments on your Facebook page might have had something

to do with it, but who knows..

One thing for sure is its a ridiculous way to run a business unless your not in it for the long haul and just want to generate as much cash as you can.

• Hi srome,

Thank you for your feedback and for posting back your results.

Glad to know that the issue was resolved in your favor. I will close this topic, but should you have any further issue with Bitdefender contact us via:

https://www.facebook.com/bitdefender/app_268724459959771

We will be happy to help you.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.