Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Scan Showing 850k Scanned Items On C Drive

Options
pcumming
edited January 2015 in Antivirus

Bitdefender scan showing 850k scanned items on C drive

Windows 8.1 64 bit. No games loaded on laptop. AAbout1200 songs and about 400 photos.

With Bitdefender and watching the full scan which is taking about 1 1/2 hours it says I have over 850k files on my C drive and is 85% along in the scan

As the scan has been running it is only showing during the scan files that are on the C drive. Which is corect. I have other drives uncheced in the setting and the scan anyway.

Now when I do a DIR on all of C and subfolders, I get a count of about 247k files. This has been verified with Agent Ransack search tool.

In doing a search with Agent Ransack I have about 16 Zip files.

I do not have any ISO files or .rar files

Not sure if MSI files have a bearing which we all hae

Doubt it is scanning all registry entries and restore points...??? I have about 10 restore points. Rwecylce Nbin is empty. Log files are deleted, cahce is cleared, temp files cleared, event logs cleared.

Registry has about 552k keys...

So something is a amiss here

Thoughts?

THanks

Peter

Comments

• csalgau
    Options

That count usually includes the archives themselves, as well as any files contained within up to several levels. Archives, in this context, includes your usual Zips, RARs and CABs, and self-extracting archives(.exe files with archives embedded), but also ISOs, MSIs and MSPs and other installation packages, file packing methods, email files, and pieces of other files that may be treated independently for the purpose of scanning. This adds up to quite a bit.

Files in restore points are included, but I'm not certain if this includes registry keys individually. In any event, they are not scanned in their entirety on a normal scan, so that should not count that much.