Total Security 2014 Update Function

Hi

It appears there was a large update 2 days ago. Since then Bitdefender isn't updating. It attempts to but nothing downloads , there isn't any data to download. please help.

Comments

• antikythera
    edited January 2015

I had a few issues as well after a file called bdpredir_ssl.dll was updated. that seemed to be the single file that triggered a few restart requests according to the event log on my PC. It eventually seems to have settled and is updating.

I thought Bitdefender had resolved that screwed up file rights issue as it hasn't happened for so long but obviously not.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit on the machine I noticed the behaviour on. I haven't fired up my gaming rig running W8.1 Update 1 for a while. So as and when I do I'm hoping the same won't happen.

It might be that your region's update mirrors weren't updated. Is the same thing still happening or has it updated successfully since?

If no check that any proxy settings are correct. The default is none which causes the program to follow your browser and system settings.

Last resort, re-install the program.

EDIT - We are flying blind as to what the updates contain these days. It seems Christian is only updating the 2015 topics now. No new information since October last year. A shame really. I know he has limited time but it really wouldn't take that long to carry on with the good practice he started. A N Other Bitdefender representative could even do it.