Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Results From My Work/job Software On My Computer

Options

The company I work for has installed software on my computer running windows 7 and BD 2015. BD found these "threats" immediately after the install on my computer. So, I told tech support at my company (I work at home, medical transcription) and they said they don't know anything about that, that it is not their issue. I just wonder if it is safe for me to take action on these threats or if they are maybe something that needs to be there for that company's software to run properly, but wonder why they wouldn't just say that (possibly a keylogger??). So, would it be proper to select "take proper action" from my drop-down menu?

Gen:Variant.Kazy.44428

Gen:Variant.Kazy.454902

Gen:Variant.Strictor.60767

Trojan.Generic.12350229

Gen:Trojan.Heur.VP2.Zm1@auPZIYii

I should add that - yes, I do see the path in the scan results, so I know that is my company's software; it's a specific named folder recognizable to me.

Comments

• To add to this (still hoping for some help) - Last night I chose the take-action option, saw confirmation that they were taken care of and that my system was clean. I rebooted. Scanned that program folder, all clean. This morning when I logged onto work, I saw "windows configuring" message, it took a minute but my software opened and I was able to log on and begin working; however, shortcuts for same software but of different versions were now on my desktop, which were never there before, and now when I scan that program folder, those same 8 threats are found again.

• It is not impossible that your work knowingly installed a keylogger to monitor what employees get up to. That is why they would turn round and say it is not their problem.

Additionally, there is always the chance this is a false positive. you can send the highlighted files to bitdefender for analysis. If they are false positives they will add them to the whitelist in the next available database update they are working on at the time.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/autom...SampleUploader/

• thanks for that help :) I will submit a log, definitely. Hopefully, I will come back here and post an update. The interesting thing is - and a reason I am not jumping to accuse of anything - is that a google search of especially the kazy with those numbers trailing doesn't bring up a whole bunch, so that has me wondering if this is benign, but we'll see. I don't know if these numbers are relevant, or if kazy is kazy no matter what.