Bitdefender Installer Does Not Work On Asus Computer

I have avast premier installed on my Asus laptop (windows 8.1, 64 bit, core i5, 8GB).

This is what I do to install Bitdefender (but did not work)

1. I have removed avast premier using avastclear.exe in safe mode and restarted the computer

2. start bitdefender_tsecurity.exe

3. A pop-up window appears with the message: "Welcom to Bitdefender. Before continuing, we need to remove any other antivirus solutions." I clicked continue, and nothing happenned.

Important points:

1. I have no other antivirus solution on my computer.

2. I could install Bitdefender total security on my other computer running windows 8.1 and with avast premier removed as above. That computer is not ASUS.

Anybody has any suggestion? I have been trying the whole day and still can't figure out why it did not work. The installer issue no message; it just did nothing.

Comments

• Hello,

You also need to ensure there is no security software on your computer, not only Antivirus programs but also antimalware, antispyware etc. Do you have the Asus AI Suite software installed?

Ro.

• I have avast premier installed on my Asus laptop (windows 8.1, 64 bit, core i5, 8GB).

1. I have removed avast premier using avastclear.exe in safe mode and restarted the computer

3. A pop-up window appears with the message: "Welcom to Bitdefender. Before continuing, we need to remove any other antivirus solutions." I clicked continue, and nothing happenned.

Important points:

2. I could install Bitdefender total security on my other computer running windows 8.1 and with avast premier removed as above. That computer is not ASUS.

Anybody has any suggestion? I have been trying the whole day and still can't figure out why it did not work. The installer issue no message; it just did nothing.

I've had the same experience. ALL products were removed and I tried to use the Bitdefender diagnostic tool which threw error on mfc100u.dll then shutdown. I had to go back and re-install McAfee after trying to install Bitdefender for 4 hours using the offline install process and everything I could think of. There is a serious problem here. Also installed on another different system without issue.

• I have avast premier installed on my Asus laptop (windows 8.1, 64 bit, core i5, 8GB).

Important points:

Hello and welcome to Bitdefender forums!

Please post here a support tool log to see what is wrong:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...t-log-1168.html

If the file is too big to attach, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com or http://www.speedyshare.com

and post the download link.

If you were already asked to generate these logs, disregard the above message and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Went through all the support steps to no avail then decided to search system for name of security product (McAfee). Found several file (vaults MOB file, etc.. ) Not all would delete, so I checked services and found that two were still running , so I disabled them. Still unable to delete even after reboot, so I went through registry and manually deleted them (Warning: Experienced users only - I have over 30 years IT experience). Rebooted then was able to delete remaining files. Ran CCLeaner to clear up old pointers.

Was able to complete the install using offline install file.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ dpend Thank you for your feedback. This is why we strongly recommend the customers to contact us first. Manipulating registry keys by an inexperienced user can result into a system crash.

@ asus_no_work : according to your ticket id 2015010223090001 open with Bitdefender support the installation issue is resolved. I declare this topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.