Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Avc Hv Driver Fails To Install

Options

Hi,

Although the bitdefender installer completes I'm getting a message in the windows reliability log for a failed driver install. The error message is:

BitDefender AVC HV

Unsuccessful driver installation. Driver Management concluded the process to install driver FileRepository\avchv.inf_amd64_neutral_56ceccabc04490e4\avchv.inf for Device Instance ID ROOT\SYSTEM\0003 with the following status: 0x57.

Specs are:

Windows 7 x64 Pro (fresh install),

i5 2500k - OC to 4.3GHz,

gtx 970,

8gb ram

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Hi,

Although the bitdefender installer completes I'm getting a message in the windows reliability log for a failed driver install. The error message is:

Specs are:

Windows 7 x64 Pro (fresh install),

i5 2500k - OC to 4.3GHz,

gtx 970,

8gb ram

Any ideas on how to fix this?

What kind of driver is it? I don't know the exact problem but I know a free and easy-to-use driver update program which can help to identify improper drivers and install the right ones quickly and automatically.

If needed, just free download it to have a try. official download site drivethelife.com

• I remember seeing this reported before as an issue specific to Win 7. There was a fix but I can't remember it. I'll have to look it up again.

• dch48
    edited February 2015
    Options

It only happens on Win 7 systems with a CPU having 4 or more cores.

One person reported fixing it this way.

Go to Device Manager

Highlight the Bitdefender AVC Hv

Right click and select update driver

Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software

For the location select C:\Program Files\Bitdefender

Make sure the box for Include Subfolders is checked

Select Next

You will get a message regarding the driver not being approved or something like that; just ignore the warning and install the driver

Problem fixed and did not return on reboot!

There was/is a thread about it here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...=56321&st=0