Web Protection Events

Hi, I recently started using Bitdefender Internet Security 2015.

I would like more information on how the Web Protection works. If I go to Events and select 'Web Protection', I see a list of 'Infected webpage detected' and 'A phishing attempt detected'. I am not manually visiting these sites when I look at 'Event Details'.

Does Web Protection work by scanning all links when browsing web and automatically add events to potential infected/phishing websites even though I never visited them? For example, if I visited Facebook there would be information in the webpage URL that mentions Facebook. I never went to the link displayed yet it appears in the Events window.

Or does my computer have a virus that is somehow trying to access these pages and they are being reported in events/being blocked?

I have used Malwarebytes to scan my computer and Bitdefender and there are no reportings of malware on my system. I've looked at running processes in the task manager and I don't see anything suspicious.

Why are these events showing up?

Comments

• update: Upon visiting a site for movie news 'screenrant' I noticed new events. Also using AdBlockPlus I noticed there were adverts on the right hand side of the screen that revealed they were linking to sites deemed unsafe (zomri related). Bitdender automatically blocked them in the events even though I never clicked on them. Is this normal? Every time I visit a site like this it will keep creating events even without clicking on the adverts? I wonder if this will hinder computer performance due to Bitdefender creating these log files every single time. It would be more efficient to block the overall domain in Web Protection to include variations of the address rather than repeatedly blocking individual addresses if they keep changing ever so slightly.

• Same "issue" here! Are continuously detected the same phishing attempts... :blink:

• update: Upon visiting a site for movie news 'screenrant' I noticed new events. Also using AdBlockPlus I noticed there were adverts on the right hand side of the screen that revealed they were linking to sites deemed unsafe (zomri related). Bitdender automatically blocked them in the events even though I never clicked on them. Is this normal? Every time I visit a site like this it will keep creating events even without clicking on the adverts? I wonder if this will hinder computer performance due to Bitdefender creating these log files every single time. It would be more efficient to block the overall domain in Web Protection to include variations of the address rather than repeatedly blocking individual addresses if they keep changing ever so slightly.

I use Firefox and replaced AdBlockPlus with the Bluhell Firewall add-on. If it blocks the malicious link on a website you might not see it in Bitdefender Events. I still get some malicous websites blocked by BDIS. Don't know how many of those might be malcious links on websites I visit as opposed to the website I attempted to visit but was blocked. In anycase I like the results Bluhell generates far better than I did AdBlockPlus. Also Bluhell is a lot eaiser on resources

• I use Firefox and replaced AdBlockPlus with the Bluhell Firewall add-on. If it blocks the malicious link on a website you might not see it in Bitdefender Events. I still get some malicous websites blocked by BDIS. Don't know how many of those might be malcious links on websites I visit as opposed to the website I attempted to visit but was blocked. In anycase I like the results Bluhell generates far better than I did AdBlockPlus. Also Bluhell is a lot eaiser on resources

I'm currently using Chrome with Adblock Plus. I've not had any notification events from Web Protection in over a week. I did disable 'Scan SSL'. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. Either that or BitDefender has been updated once or twice and maybe has sorted something out. Will keep an eye on it.