Can't Log Into Steam, Can't Manage Ports To Forward

So it seems that the only to log into steam and to play some games is to turn off the firewall. Now I tried to forward and make exceptions to steam.exe and to gameoverlayui.exe and it still doesn't work. Also there isn't a clear cut method to see what ports are actually being forwarded when you make an exception on the file.

Secondly when logged in, if I were to play a game that requires steam cloud to use, it will not connect to Steam Cloud.

Hands down, this is the most frustrating anti-virus suite I have ever used. I had no problems with Norton these past 5 years, and I'm getting such a headache with this one.

Comments

• Well, I use Steam and BD IS without any problems the last years, try to uninstall BD with the uninstall tool and reinstall with the standard settings.

• So it seems that the only to log into steam and to play some games is to turn off the firewall. Now I tried to forward and make exceptions to steam.exe and to gameoverlayui.exe and it still doesn't work. Also there isn't a clear cut method to see what ports are actually being forwarded when you make an exception on the file.

Secondly when logged in, if I were to play a game that requires steam cloud to use, it will not connect to Steam Cloud.

Hands down, this is the most frustrating anti-virus suite I have ever used. I had no problems with Norton these past 5 years, and I'm getting such a headache with this one.

Hi Omniblast,

Following Marky's advice, here is the link:

how to...

Regards,

L.

• Hi Omniblast,

Following Marky's advice, here is the link:

how to...

Regards,

L.

Ok I came back to say that this resolved the issue with Steam and logging into steam cloud for my saves. Thanks. Who knew an uninstall then reinstall would fix it. I certainly didn't.

Thanks once again. Both Marky and Lionet.

• Now the issue that I have after the re-install is that chrome is blocked. Nice. Have to turn off the firewall in order to come here and post this.

So at this point do I re-install again? :rolleyes:

• Now the issue that I have after the re-install is that chrome is blocked. Nice. Have to turn off the firewall in order to come here and post this.

So at this point do I re-install again? :rolleyes:

Try to reset the Firewall rules.