Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scheduler

There are instructions on the Bitdefender Free website that indicates that one can schedule the scans but I can find nowhere in the program to do so? Also can the virus update be scheduled as well?

Comments

• There are instructions on the Bitdefender Free website that indicates that one can schedule the scans but I can find nowhere in the program to do so? Also can the virus update be scheduled as well?

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition does Auto Scans but it does not provide control for the schedule of those or for what will they cover, only the ability to turn them on or off.* It does not provide controls for any schedule.** I understand it checks for updates every hour and shortly after restarting the computer.

_________

*I recommend to leave them on since they have almost no impact on the computers performance.

**Perhaps it may be possible to schedule scans with Windows' Task Scheduler but there is no recipe for that. Perhaps if anyone could say how to initiate a scan from the command line then it may be possible.

• I downloaded Bitdefernder AV free to compare to Norton and Bitdefender is TERRIBLE!!! It updates and scans whenever the ###### it wants and makes my computer virtually useless fro 10 to 30 minutes. THIS made me NEVER want to actually pay $ for this junk!

• I downloaded Bitdefernder AV free to compare to Norton and Bitdefender is TERRIBLE!!! It updates and scans whenever the ###### it wants and makes my computer virtually useless fro 10 to 30 minutes. THIS made me NEVER want to actually pay $ for this junk!
    I don't know what kind of computer you have but even with the auto scans turned on, I never even notice when scans or updates take place. BD Free is the lightest AV I have ever used and the only one where I can leave auto scans on and pay no price in performance. I leave them off most of the time though because I just don't think they're necessary.