Ssl Blocking Install Of Https-everywhere

AV: BDIS 2015

Browser: Firefox 37.0.2

Firefox generates an error message something like "Cannot connect to website" when attempting to download and install HTTPS-Everywhere from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) wehbsite. EFF is the developer of HTTPS-Everywhere.

No problem with with BDW8 Security on W8.1 with SSL scan on.

HTTPS-Everywhere will install on my W7-SP1 computers if I turn off SSL scan in BDIS 2015

Compared to BDW8 Security BDIS2015 is a real pain to install, configure and maintain.

Comments

AV: BDIS 2015

Browser: Firefox 37.0.2

Firefox generates an error message something like "Cannot connect to website" when attempting to download and install HTTPS-Everywhere from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) wehbsite. EFF is the developer of HTTPS-Everywhere.

No problem with with BDW8 Security on W8.1 with SSL scan on.

HTTPS-Everywhere will install on my W7-SP1 computers if I turn off SSL scan in BDIS 2015

Compared to BDW8 Security BDIS2015 is a real pain to install, configure and maintain.

Hi!

You could deactivate the Ssl analysis (not compulsory tool) and maybe first update Firefox.

Regards,

L😉

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited May 2015
    Hi!

You could deactivate the Ssl analysis (not compulsory tool) and maybe first update Firefox.

Regards,

L

That indeed worked. However HTTPS-Everywhere still has too many issues and I removed it for what must be the upteenth time. Periodically after they do a few updates I reinstall it to see if it has become usable for me or if it continues to gunk up too many of the websites I noramllly visit. Maybe someday it won't.

However, I had another interesting issue regardring SSL? I use https: ixquck dot com as my home page in both Firefox and IE. Normally there is no problem accessing the webiste however earlier this week I began receiving an error message in Firefox on one of my two W7-SP1 computers that was preventing me from accessing the webpage. The message did not appear on my W8.1 computers using BDW8 Security nor did it appear on my other W7-SP1 computer also using BDIS 2015.

When I turned off SSL scan I was able to access the webpage on the one computer I was getting the error message. So I decided to try the old restart solution, which clears up a lot random issues that pop up in Windows from time to time. After rsetarting the W7-SP1 computer that had the problem everything was okay again and has been fine since. I did check the webpage when it was being blocked and was not a redirect as far as far as I could see. No idea what caused the problem that became corrected with a restart.

• I believe HTTPS-Everywhere redirects to m.kinja-static.com. BitDefender considers that site a source of malware, and blocks it by default. I'm not sure why, as no other anti-virus software I've used, including Kasperski, Google Safe Sites, etc. detect an issue.