Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender On Windows 10 Build 10122

Options

Has anybody installed successfully Bitdefender on Windows 10 build 10122 ?

I had no problem with previous preview build but on this latest I have tried to install it twice and it crashes completely Windows and I had to reset (clean install) my notebook.

Thanks.

Comments

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    Options

Bitdefender does not yet have the support of this version of the operating system.

• tranle00
    Options
    Bitdefender does not yet have the support of this version of the operating system.

Thanks, I already knew this. I am not asking bitdefender to fix it, because it could be something microsoft has to do or some untested hardware/software configuration on this particular notebook.

I am just trying to see if somebody has done it successfully.

Thanks.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

I think it is a bit early yet with 10122 and there is also a problem it breaking devices using an AMD processor - has your notebook got one? It also shows you are on the fast release of Win 10 as that version has not yet been released on the slow ring.

• tranle00
    Options
    I think it is a bit early yet with 10122 and there is also a problem it breaking devices using an AMD processor - has your notebook got one? It also shows you are on the fast release of Win 10 as that version has not yet been released on the slow ring.

No my notebook is a Thinkpad T430s (Intel I7) with a fingerprint reader the only non-Intel device. It is just my test machine for trying out new stuff.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

I had a problem with getting Total Security to run so I have a different AV on my Win 10 machine. I will sit tight before trying again and wait for Bitdefender to offer a compatible version. :P

• Nesivos
    Options
    Has anybody installed successfully Bitdefender on Windows 10 build 10122 ?

I had no problem with previous preview build but on this latest I have tried to install it twice and it crashes completely Windows and I had to reset (clean install) my notebook.

Thanks.

I tried BD W8 Security, BDIS 2015 and BD AV Free on W10 10122. All failed. The first two froze the computer during the install process and requred a Windows reset. BD AV Free looked like it installed but all protection was turned off.

At this point with regard to W10 I think it is best to wait until Bitdefender gives the go ahead before trying to install and use any of their 2015 products on W10

• FTutone
    Options
    I tried BD W8 Security, BDIS 2015 and BD AV Free on W10 10122. All failed. The first two froze the computer during the install process and requred a Windows reset. BD AV Free looked like it installed but all protection was turned off.

At this point with regard to W10 I think it is best to wait until Bitdefender gives the go ahead before trying to install and use any of their 2015 products on W10

Of course, the problem here is that MS is going to download Win 10 to your machine and you won't know it so if you have BDIS 2015 installed will we have to uninstall it before installing Win 10?

:wub:

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options
    Of course, the problem here is that MS is going to download Win 10 to your machine and you won't know it so if you have BDIS 2015 installed will we have to uninstall it before installing Win 10?

:wub:

Microsoft have already said that if a 3rd party antivirus is on your computer, it will be uninstalled by them before the upgrade to W 10 and once W 10 is installed the latest version of that antivirus will be downloaded, provided it is compatible. If it is not compatible the AV on your computer will be reverted to Windows Defender.

• I have just tried installing BD on Windows10 10130 from the slow ring and it is working.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

I am on the slow ring and it hasn't yet updated so I am still on 10074. I will give BD a shot when the update reaches this neck in the woods. :) It certainly wasn't working on 10074.

• Well I spoke too soon.

It works on my notebook that I kept on slow ring and got updated 10130 this morning and re-installed BD.

It crashes on my workstation that was on the fast ring and got the 10130 a bit earlier and had all the patches.

So in case it crashes for you the only way I could remove it is trough the F8 and Safe Boot and uninstall,

• Lionet
    Options
    Well I spoke too soon.

It works on my notebook that I kept on slow ring and got updated 10130 this morning and re-installed BD.

It crashes on my workstation that was on the fast ring and got the 10130 a bit earlier and had all the patches.

So in case it crashes for you the only way I could remove it is trough the F8 and Safe Boot and uninstall,

Hi tranlee00,

I really believe you'd better wait a couple of months after the delivery of the latest software before complaining about the bêta version.

Even if I wait for the S2 version (windows XP, yes!!! I kept w98 until the very end!!!) I noticed I got some issues...

You remember people queued up in the States at 3 a.m to get the first W95???? Pfhuiii... I cautiously waited more than one year to get a safe and cleaner version...

Good luck and good bêta test...

OK you're right, on my parent's (over 80') computer, MiniFlabby tries to induce them to download the 10th version... i told them not to do it, to any rate.

No kidding.

All the best,

L.

• Hi tranlee00,

I really believe you'd better wait a couple of months after the delivery of the latest software before complaining about the bêta version.

Even if I wait for the S2 version (windows XP, yes!!! I kept w98 until the very end!!!) I noticed I got some issues...

You remember people queued up in the States at 3 a.m to get the first W95???? Pfhuiii... I cautiously waited more than one year to get a safe and cleaner version...

Good luck and good bêta test...

OK you're right, on my parent's (over 80') computer, MiniFlabby tries to induce them to download the 10th version... i told them not to do it, to any rate.

No kidding.

All the best,

L.

Thanks for the advice, I know about software development that is why I have not officially filed a bug to either Bitdefender or Microsoft as they cannot not support officially beta software. I am not complaining, just looking for workaround for people living on the edge of software development.

I just wish to use bitdefender because it protect better than the default windows defender. And it was working fine in the first few w10 preview version.

• Nesivos
    Options

Windows 10 TP 10122 has now been updated to W10 TP 10130 in the slow ring.

Some AV companies claim that the latest releases of their products are W10 compatible. Obviously I am not gong to mention any names. Just passing that info along. I am confident Btidefender 2015 products will be compatible with Windows 10 on July 29th as will 2016 products when they are released. Note however that with regard to Bitdefender 2016 products we have yet to see a public Beta and we are down to 45 days or less than seven weeks until July 29th. So we are running out time for Bitdefender to have their 2016 products released by July 29th unless they run a shorter public Beta cycle than we have seen in the past with their previously released products.

I hope Btidefender does not attempt to run their 2016 products through a short Beta cycle in order to be available on July 29th. We shall see.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

Bitdefender 2015 will officially support Windows 10 when it is released, here.

I also read somewhere on the forums that BD 2016 will be available for release in September, although I can't find where I saw it now, I am sure it was from one of the Tech Support folk in one of the other forums.

• Has anybody installed successfully Bitdefender on Windows 10 build 10122 ?

Thanks.

I have windows 10, what happened is when I upgraded my laptop to win 10 the bitdefender went missing. what I did was, I went to control panel > programs and features, i look for my bitdefender antivirus plus then double click it and then choose the repair option. it will take sometime, but I guarantee that after repairing it will work again.

post-192691-1438280131_thumb.png