Feature Request : Wallet .csv Option

It's true that even those who do use BD Wallet haven't used it forever. It's possible that they used a password manager prior to using BD Wallet. They may even have a .csv lying around of all of their passwords (poor practice, no doubt, but it's possible!). Wouldn't it be nice to be able to import that .csv into BD Wallet (then promptly shred it using BD's FileShredder, of course)?

Some people using BD Wallet might also want to have a printed copy of their passwords to store in their home safe, for example. A .csv Export option would allow for such a printed copy to exist. Currently, one can export an encrypted .db file from BD Wallet, but the option does not exist for a plan-text export. I think that this would be a great feature to add in the future, despite the added security risks. With the FileShredder, there's really no need to keep that .csv around once you've imported or printed it. Using FileShredder after creation of the .csv limits the added security risks. This is a feature I would love to see added in the next version of BitDefender.

Comments

• Using FileShredder after creation of the .csv limits the added security risks.

Good one! That one has my vote as well. 1.gif