Refuses To Scan System

I just installed the free edition of Bitdefender and it doesn't seem to be willing to do anything at all. I have Windows 7 and have used other Antivirus programs without an issue, but when I right clicked on my C drive, as well as several other folders to do a scan Bitdefender added them to a queue and then just sat there. I cannot find anything in the limited interface that seems to make it do anything at all. What am I supposed to do to actually make this work?

Comments

• I just installed the free edition of Bitdefender and it doesn't seem to be willing to do anything at all. I have Windows 7 and have used other Antivirus programs without an issue, but when I right clicked on my C drive, as well as several other folders to do a scan Bitdefender added them to a queue and then just sat there. I cannot find anything in the limited interface that seems to make it do anything at all. What am I supposed to do to actually make this work?

bitdefender-antivirus-free-edition.jpg

When you request a scan, it is reflected by a tile in the main interface. The progress is marked by the border changing to blue from left to right. When done the border should be green to signal everything is OK or red to indicate a threat was detected. If anything is detected it goes to quarantine, so that would add another tile to the main interface, this one with yellow border. If you want to see a file be detected you can try with the eicar test file. Create a text with just one line with the following content (no spaces!):

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

It should be quarantined as you save it!

There are no special settings nor controls. You can only exclude files after being quarantined.