Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2008 Issues With Vista

Options

My first post here so I hope someone will be able to help me with this:

When I first installed BDTS I noticed that the firewall and stealth mode were disabled and no matter how many times I clicked the fix button, nothing happened. Re-booting did no difference.

FixIssues.jpg

The firewall settings screen shows this:

FirewallSettings.jpg

Another thing is that on my taskbar icon, BD tells me that I have 4 issues that require attention:

TaskbarIcon.jpg

...whilst my Security Center tells me I only have 2:

SecurityCenter.jpg

Did I miss something?

I have no idea what the causes are, and I doubt it's a faulty installation because I've reinstalled it about 14 times since I bought the product and each and every attempt lands me with the same predicament. I've sent an email to support and they replied with a link to an update which I installed yet yielded no cure to the problem. I replied saying the problem still exists but now they've ignored me. I hope someone here has some kind of insight into this matter.

Cheers!

GK

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Gaelen,

Go to the networkcenter in vista press on configure connection or network now right click on your network card press on settings see if you can find an entry called BitDefender Firewall NDSIS Filter Driver uncheck the box and press on ok. Check it again press on ok. Now open BitDefender go to the firewall section and check the box before firewall is disabled. If that doesn't work go back to the networkcenter by now select it and press on uninstall. Right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system clock press on exit. Uninstall BitDefender completely by using this tool. Run the tool reboot your pc install BitDefender again.

Best regards

Niels

• Hello Gaelen,

Go to the networkcenter in vista press on configure connection or network now right click on your network card press on settings see if you can find an entry called BitDefender Firewall NDSIS Filter Driver uncheck the box and press on ok. Check it again press on ok. Now open BitDefender go to the firewall section and check the box before firewall is disabled. If that doesn't work go back to the networkcenter by now select it and press on uninstall. Right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system clock press on exit. Uninstall BitDefender completely by using this tool. Run the tool reboot your pc install BitDefender again.

Best regards

Niels

Niels,

I've checked my network cards but there is no entry called BitDefender Firewall NDSIS Filter Driver. I think I'm looking in the right place; but if it changes anything, I'm using a wireless connection - are there any known incompatibilities with Intel® PRO/Wireless - or needed settings?

• Gaelen,

If the BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver is not listed, it means that the firewall drivers were not installed. When you installed the product, you should have seen 2 distinct windows in which microsoft asks you to allow the installation of network drivers. if you clicked on Cancel, the drivers are no longer installed. But if the 2 windows never show up, it means that the policy for installing non-whql drivers (not digitally signed by MS) is on "block"

• Why is the firewall driver not digitally signed by Microsoft?

• Gaelen,

If the BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver is not listed, it means that the firewall drivers were not installed. When you installed the product, you should have seen 2 distinct windows in which microsoft asks you to allow the installation of network drivers. if you clicked on Cancel, the drivers are no longer installed. But if the 2 windows never show up, it means that the policy for installing non-whql drivers (not digitally signed by MS) is on "block"

No, the two windows never showed up. How do I unblock installing non-whql drivers??

• andreidumi
    edited March 2008
    Options

Gaelen,

Go to start - type gpedit.msc and take a look at the printscreen.

Enable the policy and choose Warn or Ignore. First try with Warn. Reboot and install BD again. The windows should show up.

Tell me if it worked.

Keith,

The diver is digitally signed, but with a third party signature, not from microsoft. It was,t signed by MS because the drivers are updated many times during the lifetime of a product, and the tests required by MS should have been redone with every version of the driver. But we are working on it and in BD2009 the signing issue will be solved.

post-167-1205089893_thumb.png

• aliff.abdullah
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Gaelen,

Go to start - type gpedit.msc and take a look at the printscreen.

Enable the policy and choose Warn or Ignore. First try with Warn. Reboot and install BD again. The windows should show up.

Tell me if it worked.

Keith,

The diver is digitally signed, but with a third party signature, not from microsoft. It was,t signed by MS because the drivers are updated many times during the lifetime of a product, and the tests required by MS should have been redone with every version of the driver. But we are working on it and in BD2009 the signing issue will be solved.

Andrei,

I am running Vista Home Premium, which doesn't include Group Policy Editor. Gpedit.msc cannot be found on my system. To my knowledge, it's only available on Business, Enterprise & Ultimate.

• Niels
    Options

Dear Gaelen,

Did you already tried to uninstall BitDefender by using the tool? But now right click on the installer of BitDefender and select run as administrator.

Best regards

Niels