Bd Total Security 2015, Malwarebytes Anti-exploit, And Google Chrome

garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Just purchased Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MAE) Premium to use with my 2015 Bitdefender Total Security. According to the MAEP Forum, there is a conflict between BD TS, MAEP, and Google Chrome, which causes

Chrome to become unresponsive unless either MAE Chrome Shield is turned off or the BD AV Shield is turned off during a Chrome session. This was apparently reported to Bitdefender and Malwarebytes is working

on a solution as well, but they expect that a solution will not be coming in the near future.

I find this to be a bit odd, since this anomaly is reported to impact Windows 7 x64 computers, and yet from reviewing this Forum it does not appear that Bitdefender's Intrusion Protection is functional on x64 computers,

leaving users at huge risk.

Is this being addressed?

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• Just purchased Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MAE) Premium to use with my 2015 Bitdefender Total Security. According to the MAEP Forum, there is a conflict between BD TS, MAEP, and Google Chrome, which causes

Chrome to become unresponsive unless either MAE Chrome Shield is turned off or the BD AV Shield is turned off during a Chrome session. This was apparently reported to Bitdefender and Malwarebytes is working

on a solution as well, but they expect that a solution will not be coming in the near future.

I find this to be a bit odd, since this anomaly is reported to impact Windows 7 x64 computers, and yet from reviewing this Forum it does not appear that Bitdefender's Intrusion Protection is functional on x64 computers,

leaving users at huge risk.

Is this being addressed?

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Hi...I posted about this a while back regarding the MAE free version. I had the same problem (Chrome unresponsive with AVC enabled), so I uninstalled MAE. A couple of weeks ago I thought I'd give it another try and its been working fine in that time. Obviously there is something about the pro version that BD doesn't like. I received no reply from BD on the forums. Perhaps try emailing support although I'm sure they're aware of it.

• There are probably modules that could cause some conflict here. Would be nice though if a staff could verify this. 1.gif

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Just an update. I decided to activate the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MAE) Premium shield for Google Chrome, just to see what would happen. I was astonished that there was no degradation in the performance of

Google Chome on this, my main computer. I am going to try activating the MAE Chrome shield on my laptop, to see what happens there. Have posted this finding on the MAE Forum.

Still a tad unhappy that BD has still not fixed Intrusion Protection to work properly on Windows 7 x64 computers. Both of my computers are running that OS.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Have BD remedied the "Intrusion Protection" problem ?

Over the years I have noticed sometimes that some apps in 64bit Windows are a problem.

- with the benefit of hindsight I should have noted those 64bit quirks. Today I started a list !

With a new 64bit Lenovo as yet not used I am tempted to downgrade the 64bit to 32bit OS

- I too am considering MBAE unless BIS-2015 does the job as well as MBAE

There are HowToGeek articles available on line that have been a source of consideration.

- I don't don't like to embed the URLs here ... respecting this is "the" Bitdefender forum

• Have BD remedied the "Intrusion Protection" problem ?

Over the years I have noticed sometimes that some apps in 64bit Windows are a problem.

- with the benefit of hindsight I should have noted those 64bit quirks. Today I started a list !

With a new 64bit Lenovo as yet not used I am tempted to downgrade the 64bit to 32bit OS

- I too am considering MBAE unless BIS-2015 does the job as well as MBAE

There are HowToGeek articles available on line that have been a source of consideration.

- I don't don't like to embed the URLs here ... respecting this is "the" Bitdefender forum

I tested the 2016 Beta version a few weeks ago, and Intrusion Detection was not functioning on Windows 8/1 x64 or Windows 10 x64. Turning Intrusion Detection on and setting it to the most aggressive mode made no difference in operation. I was still able to run keyloggers with no notification from Bitdefender.

• I tested the 2016 Beta version a few weeks ago, and Intrusion Detection was not functioning on Windows 8/1 x64 or Windows 10 x64. Turning Intrusion Detection on and setting it to the most aggressive mode made no difference in operation. I was still able to run keyloggers with no notification from Bitdefender.

This problem has appeared in 13 versions, and developers know about it, just do not want to fix it...

• This problem has appeared in 13 versions, and developers know about it, just do not want to fix it...

Can someone recommend a third-party program compatible with Bitdefender TS 2016 and Windows 10 x64, that provides intrusion protection?

And by the way, is MBAE good to combine with TS 2016, or is it superfluous?

• is MBAE good to combine with TS 2016, or is it superfluous?

I tried it out. It seemed that the CPU was on the rise.

• I tried it out. It seemed that the CPU was on the rise.

actually, I do not see a problem with CPU usage, and chrome is working fine.

but if you have MBAE already on your system, you must uninstall it before installing bitdefender.

It is not enough to just disable MBAE. You have to actually uninstall it.

After bitdefender is up and running, then you can reinstall MBAE.