Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Auto / Idle Scan Feature Is Removed From Bdts 2015?

Options

I am not seeing any Idle scans being performed by BDTS 2015. Its been 4 days since I installed my BDTS and its in Auto Pilot from the start and my system is idle for most of the time but I couldnt see any Idle scans running. Is the feature removed from BDTS 2015? Why?

Comments

• To Identity this I turned off BDTS 2015 ( Firewall, Web Protection, Active Virus Control, On Acess Scanning) and downloaded EICAR file and kept it in a location which I will never access manually. I turned back all the features. Its been 4.5 hours since I did this, I have no scheduled scans and my system is almost Idle throughout. I will let you guys know if BDTS does Auto Scan of files. It didnt detect the file yet. I dont think it will too as I am not seeing CPU usage going high even during Idle times even BDTS Gadget doesnt show scan during idle.

• dch48
    edited September 2015
    Options
    To Identity this I turned off BDTS 2015 ( Firewall, Web Protection, Active Virus Control, On Acess Scanning) and downloaded EICAR file and kept it in a location which I will never access manually. I turned back all the features. Its been 4.5 hours since I did this, I have no scheduled scans and my system is almost Idle throughout. I will let you guys know if BDTS does Auto Scan of files. It didnt detect the file yet. I dont think it will too as I am not seeing CPU usage going high even during Idle times even BDTS Gadget doesnt show scan during idle.

I saw in another thread that the autoscans were removed from BD starting with the 2015 versions. I myself welcome this as I consider autoscans to be redundant and worthless. Actually the same goes for email scanning but so far I have left that turned on.

• I saw in another thread that the autoscans were removed from BD starting with the 2015 versions. I myself welcome this as I consider autoscans to be redundant and worthless. Actually the same goes for email scanning but so far I have left that turned on.

You can however, make a Custom Scan and schedule that.