Help! My Wallet Is Stolen!

Hi all, I know that this is not going to help me right now as I am already a victim of theft. My wallet has been stolen and I have lost all my important documents that even included my financial details. I fear that they may be used to make my accounts drain. I have already taken the necessary steps for this but this is going to be a real danger in future as it is sometimes too late and by that time everything is gone. I wanted to know that if there are any pre-steps that we can take in case of wallet theft? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• They can't back, just remove your carelessness now.

justicejayant

• Odd you're asking on the BitDefender forums, but here are a few things you can do:

1.) Make a list of your credit card #'s and the phone #'s for those companies to quickly call and cancel or report them stolen (best to keep this in a small safe in your home, and not just laying around)

2.) Keep your checking/savings account #'s, the local branch #'s, and 800# for your banks in order to call and put a hold on your funds (keep these with the credit card #'s)

3.) Sign up with Transunion, Experian, and Equifax for their credit monitoring / alert services that will let you know when someone tries to use your information. They may offer a service that will call you when anyone tries to run your credit, which means without your approval no one will be able to use your credit. Keep their phone #'s listed as well with the credit card & bank information to call and report your information stolen.

4.) Hope and pray these ****** try to use your credit card after it's been reported stolen - authorities will have IP addresses or in-store pictures of whoever's using them.

Good luck with everything!