Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Completely Stop All Bitdefender Services ?

Options

Hi all,

Using Suite2008 ... while I am troubleshooting something I would like to *COMPLETELY* stop all bitdefender services. I mean, not just exit the tray icon ... but exit all pieces of running bitDefender code anywhere on the system no matter how deep.

Right now it will not even let me stop the virusShield. This thing is completely fused / cemented on my system right now.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear ThomasAn,

That is because the BitDefender Selfprotection deny you to stop the virus shield. If you want to do that press the windows button together with r now type devmgmt.msc press enter go to the display/view menu select show hidden devices. Now expand (enroll) non plug and play compatible drivers now right click on BDSelfPr and select properties press on the driver tab and press on stop and ok. Now you can kill the vsserv.exe in task manager and also stop the BitDefender services.

Best regards

Niels

• Dear ThomasAn,

That is because the BitDefender Selfprotection deny you to stop the virus shield. If you want to do that press the windows button together with r now type devmgmt.msc press enter go to the display/view menu select show hidden devices. Now expand (enroll) non plug and play compatible drivers now right click on BDSelfPr and select properties press on the driver tab and press on stop and ok. Now you can kill the vsserv.exe in task manager and also stop the BitDefender services.

Best regards

Niels

Niels,

Thanks, but even this doesn't work. Pressing the "Stop" button on that driver gives an error saying the device cannot be stopped ... or that the Stop action is not valid for this device.

• Niels
    Options

Dear ThomasAn,

Disabling will work but the only bad thing is that a reboot is required this is also the same for enabling it again. Right click on it and press on disable. Be carefull now you need to enable it otherwise all processes can be terminated.

Best regards

Niels