How Do I Disable The Context Menu Of Bitdefender Total Security 2011

need help with this, its really annoying to work with lots files and folders and every time i have to make a right-click kills me to have my context menu longer when what it should be and not never using does options. i dont want uninstalled software because its really good i just want the context menu options off

Comments

• Hi,

In order to remove contextual menu items (Scan with BitDefender, File Shredder or BitDefender File Vault), first of all please make sure that you have the latest BitDefender built: 14.0.30.357. To check this, right-click on the BitDefender icon next to the clock and choose About. If you do not have the latest built, right-click on the BitDefender icon again and choose Update now, then restart your computer when asked.

BitDefender uses three different files for the contextual menu:

- for BitDefender File Vault: bdfvsctx.dll

- for Scan with BitDefender: bdshellext.dll

- for File Shredder: fshredctx.dll

These files are located in C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011.

In order to remove an item from the contextual menu, please follow these steps:

1. Restart your computer in Safe mode, as explained below.

2. go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011 and find the file corresponding to the item you want to remove and rename the .dll extension in .dl_ :

- for BitDefender File Vault: bdfvsctx.dll -> rename it to bdfvsctx.dl_

- for Scan with BitDefender: bdshellext.dll -> rename it to bdshellext.dl_

- for File Shredder: fshredctx.dll -> rename it to fshredctx.dl_

3. in the same location, find the update_components.xml file and open it. Then find this entry:

<Product enabled="1"

and set it to 0:

<Product enabled="0"

4. Restart your computer normally and the contextual menu item will be removed.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.

Best regards,

• Hi,

In order to remove contextual menu items (Scan with BitDefender, File Shredder or BitDefender File Vault), first of all please make sure that you have the latest BitDefender built: 14.0.30.357. To check this, right-click on the BitDefender icon next to the clock and choose About. If you do not have the latest built, right-click on the BitDefender icon again and choose Update now, then restart your computer when asked.

BitDefender uses three different files for the contextual menu:

- for BitDefender File Vault: bdfvsctx.dll

- for Scan with BitDefender: bdshellext.dll

- for File Shredder: fshredctx.dll

These files are located in C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011.

In order to remove an item from the contextual menu, please follow these steps:

1. Restart your computer in Safe mode, as explained below.

2. go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011 and find the file corresponding to the item you want to remove and rename the .dll extension in .dl_ :

- for BitDefender File Vault: bdfvsctx.dll -> rename it to bdfvsctx.dl_

- for Scan with BitDefender: bdshellext.dll -> rename it to bdshellext.dl_

- for File Shredder: fshredctx.dll -> rename it to fshredctx.dl_

3. in the same location, find the update_components.xml file and open it. Then find this entry:

<Product enabled="1"

and set it to 0:

<Product enabled="0"

4. Restart your computer normally and the contextual menu item will be removed.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Thank you! fully working for Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

• Works for BD 2016 confirmed. Thxs