Teredo Tunnel Pseudo Interface

Hi,

What is "Teredo tunnel Pseudo Interface in firewall adapters? Is it safe? Or rather remove it? If so, how?

Or How should be set?

Thx!

Comments

• Hiya,

It is to do with the IPv6 network and nothing to be concerned about. :)

Ro.

• Hiya,

It is to do with the IPv6 network and nothing to be concerned about. :)

Ro.

A little more info about this would be appreciated.

• It is a way of tunneling IPv6 over an IPv4 network. I have it in the adapter section of the BD interface on both my Win 10 computers (one on WiFi and one on Ethernet) but not on my Win 8.1 machine (on WiFi).

When I first saw this some time ago Google search told me there is nothing to worry about so I took off my tin foil hat. ;)

• It is a way of tunneling IPv6 over an IPv4 network. I have it in the adapter section of the BD interface on both my Win 10 computers (one on WiFi and one on Ethernet) but not on my Win 8.1 machine (on WiFi).

When I first saw this some time ago Google search told me there is nothing to worry about so I took off my tin foil hat. ;)

OK, thanks

• ...thx for answer!

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited November 2015

A bit more information I have from BD Techical Support -

Tunneling adapters such as Teredo or VPN are by default saved with profile Trusted and Generic On in order to avoid connectivity issues. This behavior is according to product specifications, it's not a bug.

If you do not wish to see Teredo Tunnelling Pseudo-Interface in the adapters list from Bitdefender firewall you can go to Device manager in Windows 10, expand Network adapters and then disable Teredo from here.

• A bit more information I have from BD Techical Support -

Tunneling adapters such as Teredo or VPN are by default saved with profile Trusted and Generic On in order to avoid connectivity issues. This behavior is according to product specifications, it's not a bug.

If you do not wish to see Teredo Tunnelling Pseudo-Interface in the adapters list from Bitdefender firewall you can go to Device manager in Windows 10, expand Network adapters and then disable Teredo from here.

...Great! Thx for the Info|