Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pop Up Warnings

Options

BD Antivirus Plus v10

I am not using the antispam part of BD. I get a system tray pop up from time to time telling me that BD Antispam is disabled. How do I turn off this warning message? Thanks

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear adkr,

Go to the general tab and uncheck show pop-up's and press on apply the only thing is you will not get noticed anymore. The other solution is uninstalling and reinstalling it but now choose for a custom installation and opt not to install the antispam part. You can upgrade for free to BitDefender Internet Security 2008 for the remaining days of your current license.

Best regards

Niels

• adkr
    Options

I tried your suggestion, rebooted, but it did not disable to pop up warning.

You say that I can upgrade to BD 8 for the remainder of my time. How do I do that ? Thanks.

• Chesda
    edited March 2008
    Options

I also had Bitdefnder v10 at the start of this year and upgraded to Internet Security 2008 for free.

If you log in to 'My Account' you can exchange your current remaining key for the Bitdefender 2008. If you do not understand the procedures talk to a Customer Service here: http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/getSupport/

• Niels
    Options

Dear adkr,

First download the BitDefender uninstall tool that you can download here and download the English version here. A manual you can download here.Now right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system clock press on exit. After that run the BitDefender uninstall tool you will be asked to reboot your computer do this. Now run the installer package and select during installation select register the product now enter the license key that you used for BitDefender Antivirus Plus v10.

Best regards

Niels

• adkr
    Options

Thanks for the directions. I was able to install BD 8 and use my current key. Also, no more pop up warnings. Life is good.

• Niels
    Options

Dear adr,

You are welcome.

Best regards

Niels