Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Exclusions Are Driving Me Mad!

Options
Agret
edited February 2016 in Protection

I have excluded my Steam folders, in this case M:\SteamLibrary

a57df63a9e.png

But BitDefender blocks the Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies EXE file still!

MsOjlkt.png

The Events window is useless because although it gives you the choice to either restore or delete the file if you click on restore then a second later the anti-virus just deletes it again. Why doesn't it exclude automatically the files you have restored? Obviously you have restored them because you wish for them to remain on your computer and not be automatically deleted 3 seconds later!!

This Anti-Virus program also annoys me because from what I can tell there is no way to make it prompt when it finds a virus, it just instantly deletes it which is very inconvenient when you want to exclude it.

Another complain is that if you go to the quarantine window in the Anti-Virus module it's always empty, you actually have to click a tiny icon at the top of the program and then click Events to actually see what viruses have been detected, not sure who made the design decisions on this but it made it very difficult to restore important files when they are falsely detected. Have the designers tried to actually use this program?

I like that this program is so light on resources and it has a reasonably nice UI and some cool features but I don't think i'll be renewing it at the end of my trial as simple things like making exclusions, choosing what action to take when a virus is detected and having the ability to right click on the tray icon and temporarily disable the anti-virus for a period of time are sorely missing. This might be excusable for an anti-virus software that is new to market but it's obvious you have done zero research into your competition. Get with the game BitDefender, lots of free anti-virus programs already have these features and more.

Comments

• Another complain is that if you go to the quarantine window in the Anti-Virus module it's always empty, you actually have to click a tiny icon at the top of the program and then click Events to actually see what viruses have been detected, not sure who made the design decisions on this but it made it very difficult to restore important files when they are falsely detected. Have the designers tried to actually use this program?

That is an option in the settings.

You can easily change it in the Antivirus settings > on access scanning part click 'modify' > tab 'Actions'

• Georgia
    Options

@Agret

To be able to provide a quick fix we need samples of the files that trigger the Bitdefender detection on your end.

Please send us the samples via this platform:

http://bitdefender.com/submit

Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.

• That is an option in the settings.

You can easily change it in the Antivirus settings > on access scanning part click 'modify' > tab 'Actions'

Thank you but in there I only see "Take proper actions", "Move files to quarantine" and "Deny Access". Why can't this have an option to "Prompt" so every time a detection is made I can choose if I want to exclude/ignore it or move to quarantine?

@Agret

To be able to provide a quick fix we need samples of the files that trigger the Bitdefender detection on your end.

Please send us the samples via this platform:

http://bitdefender.com/submit

Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.

Thank I will send you the call of duty EXE that keeps getting deleted while downloading in Steam.

• I also have this problem.

My main problem though is with Bitdefender support.

They keep telling me that if I exclude a folder / directory then EVERYTHING under the folder / directory is also excluded.

This has been an on and off issue for me the last 5 years or so with various version of Bitdefender (The most recent is Total Security 2016).

They keep telling me to exclude the file itself. I keep telling them that is not the issue. I am a programmer and have written plenty of applications that Bitdefender deems as 'Infected'.

I keep telling them that what I really need is for an excluded folder / directory to be really excluded. Including all child directories of the folder / directory (Which again they tell me it is, and again I tell them IT IS NOT!).

I have c:\Source excluded.

it happened again to me on 03/03/2016.

C:\Source\TouchInjection\x64\Debug\InjectTouchx64.exe

So I started another useless exchange with tech support. I provided a document in .pdf form outlining the issue, screen shots and everything. I now have a series of emails that now has 14 replies. They seem to be incapable of understanding that excluding a directory DOES NOT exclude everything under that directory. I have asked at least four times in this email chain 'Do you believe that excluding a directory will in fact excluded EVREYTHING (including child directories) under said directory?'. Not once has any of the replies answered this very basic question.

It just happened again to me on 03/10/2016:

c:\Source\DriverTest\x64\Release\DriverTest.exe

I am to the point where I am contemplating moving to a different manufacturers product.

Technical Support:

If you read this PLEASE do not ask me to submit the offending file for analysis as IT IS NOT THE POINT!