Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Spy Sweeper Scan Causes Bitdefender Alarm

Options

When I execute a full system scan for spyware with Webroot's Spy Sweeper, BitDefender pops up with a "malicious malware" alarm with "Trojan.BHO.Agent.S" shown as the invader. This only happens when I execute Spy Sweeper! It pops up every second until I hit "OK" and pops up seconds later - this goes on until the Spy Sweeper scan is done (a very long time as it prevents me from doing anything else!). It would seem that Spy Sweeper is trying to access something BitDefender is protecting but why is it showing up as a Trojan? Anyone else have this happen or have recommendations? Thank you!

Comments

• piece
    Options

do a scan in Program Files where is that Webroot's Spy Sweeper

and send that log ...

if is any file detected by BitDefender in that folder send it to see if is a false alarm

• TrD
    Options

Somehow that doesnt happen with me, I'm an old customer of both bitdefender and spysweeper.. When running a full deep system scan with spysweeper, bitdefender never pops up with any warning.

So some kind of infection is injected into one of your spysweeper executable.