Bitdefender Installation Problem

Hi

I recently decided to go with bitdefender as the anti-virus protection on my new laptop. However, my new lap top came with a free trial of Trend Micro anti virus program. Before installation, bitdefender asked to automatically remove the existing Trend Micro program for me. After clicking yes, uninstall program took place, but it was unsuccessful. Bitdefender install program was able to detect the incompatible Trend Micro still, after the automatic uninstall process. However the current trend micro seemed to be already uninstalled, I was not able to find the program in my start menu or hard drive. So now I am left with no virus protection, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks

Ray

Comments

• Hi

I recently decided to go with bitdefender as the anti-virus protection on my new laptop. However, my new lap top came with a free trial of Trend Micro anti virus program. Before installation, bitdefender asked to automatically remove the existing Trend Micro program for me. After clicking yes, uninstall program took place, but it was unsuccessful. Bitdefender install program was able to detect the incompatible Trend Micro still, after the automatic uninstall process. However the current trend micro seemed to be already uninstalled, I was not able to find the program in my start menu or hard drive. So now I am left with no virus protection, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks

Ray

All Anti-Virus software are notorious for leaving all kinds of garbage behind even after a regular uninstall.

The best recommendation I can give you is:

1) Use the official TrendMicro uninstall tool at this link:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en...ndows%207-vista

2) Use the official Bitdefender 2013 removal tool at this link:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804

3) Install Bitdefender 2013 again.

Good Luck!

• Hello :)

Is everything OK now?

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!

• Is everything OK now​?

This discussion has been closed.