Vault Unlock - Frozen/hung

atatko
edited April 2016 in Privacy

Whenever I try to unlock my file vault, the application freezes. Sometimes it does seem to resolve whatever issue it's hanging on, but other times it will just stay hung up until I force close it.

This doesn't seem to affect the drive, it's still added correctly most of the time, even when I force close it. I would still like to resolve the issue as it causes an additional headache each time I have to unlock the vault. It also makes me a little concerned about the reliability of the tool.

I've attached a screenshot of the frozen app.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or know of a fix?

post-201172-0-83127500-1461346471_thumb.jpg

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi there,

The hanging you speak of is typical in any encryption/decryption application however having to force close the application isn't at normal and I certainly do not experience the hanging issue you have.

The size of the drive is may be an important factor in decreasing the hanging time.

Maybe try making a new vault and seeing if the issue persists, if it does, I would first contact Bitdefender Support at bitsy@bitdefender.com and quite possibly you may need a reinstall of your product.

Best of luck!

• Thank you for your advice!

I have contacted support, if I am able to resolve that I will post the steps here.

I completely understand some processing time for encryption/decryption, particularly on large volumes. It may be that this is too large to reasonably handle with a file vault but I've decreased the size a few times to try and resolve the issue and it hasn't helped much so far. Currently I'm working with a 20gb vault which seems pretty small to me.

I've used other software in the past for this and I will typically see some sort of load animation, or at least an hourglass. The file vault seems a little non-communicative. Both with the OS and the user.

Reinstalling is a good idea, I will try that.