Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Is Going Weak?

Options

Okay, I did some tests on my virtual machine and these are the results.. I executed some trojans and left them running for an hour which BitDefender real-time protection was OFF, later I scanned the virtual machine with BitDefender antivirus 2008 fully updated, and guess what.. BitDefender didnt detect any but only 1 malware/trojan. I went and downloaded the number 2 rated AV after BitDefender which is Kaspersky, Installed it and turned real-time protection OFF to, scanned later on and it detected all the trojans I run which seriously surprised me with their product which is NOT updated either but I noticed some fake detections with Kaspersky detecting an IRC client as riskware. Anyways I still have BitDefender running on my private machine but I don't feel protected no more guys, try making the firewall in bitdefender total security more advanced in tracing outgoing connections etc. and I'll distribute the trojans that was detected by Kaspersky and not BitDefender to you guys here to analyze it and keep your customers more protected.

Some of Kaspersky's detection is shown below that was not detected by BitDefender:

21ke883.png

Comments

• Okay, I did some tests on my virtual machine and these are the results.. I executed some trojans and left them running for an hour which BitDefender real-time protection was OFF, later I scanned the virtual machine with BitDefender antivirus 2008 fully updated, and guess what.. BitDefender didnt detect any but only 1 malware/trojan. I went and downloaded the number 2 rated AV after BitDefender which is Kaspersky, Installed it and turned real-time protection OFF to, scanned later on and it detected all the trojans I run which seriously surprised me with their product which is NOT updated either but I noticed some fake detections with Kaspersky detecting an IRC client as riskware. Anyways I still have BitDefender running on my private machine but I don't feel protected no more guys, try making the firewall in bitdefender total security more advanced in tracing outgoing connections etc. and I'll distribute the trojans that was detected by Kaspersky and not BitDefender to you guys here to analyze it and keep your customers more protected.

Some of Kaspersky's detection is shown below that was not detected by BitDefender:

21ke883.png

Thanks, I was just about to look into Kasperksy too. I just tried BD website and can't get anywhere, keeps timing out. Maybe they are under attack or something. Whatever it is, I am really disaapointed because I left ESET 6 months early to get BD and so both of these licenses are active.

Its like throwing money at the computer, has no effect.

• TrD
    Options

Yeah, I see where your comming from.. Thats why the trial version is made dude, to give it a try before purchasing.

In addition, a bifrost trojan was undetected from both Kaspersky and BitDefender but Spysweeper detected it.. :|

So basicly choose the right AV and get a standalone AntiSpyware.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, I did some tests on my virtual machine and these are the results.. I executed some trojans and left them running for an hour which BitDefender real-time protection was OFF, later I scanned the virtual machine with BitDefender antivirus 2008 fully updated, and guess what.. BitDefender didnt detect any but only 1 malware/trojan. I went and downloaded the number 2 rated AV after BitDefender which is Kaspersky, Installed it and turned real-time protection OFF to, scanned later on and it detected all the trojans I run which seriously surprised me with their product which is NOT updated either but I noticed some fake detections with Kaspersky detecting an IRC client as riskware. Anyways I still have BitDefender running on my private machine but I don't feel protected no more guys, try making the firewall in bitdefender total security more advanced in tracing outgoing connections etc. and I'll distribute the trojans that was detected by Kaspersky and not BitDefender to you guys here to analyze it and keep your customers more protected.

21ke883.png

And you turned off the BD real time protection for?

Do you usually use antivirus programs with no real time protection or with it off?

M8 ,one of the best features in BD is the proactive defence, that is included in the real time protection that you turned off in your test.

I ve used BD 10 and 2008 for a long period of time(one year +) and when i double checked with KAV 6,7 nothing was found in my computer.

If you somehow found some samples not yet detected by BD then i have to remaind you that there is no 100% detection and will never be.

Anyway please tell us what kind of scan settings have you used with BD scanner because i see all the viruses are all located in system restore.

• TrD
    Options

Reason I turned off both real time protection from BitDefender and Kaspersky is that I was testing the "Scan Engine" of both softwares and nothing to do with proactive defence as both of them have them anyways.

I can't actually remember the settings used, I'll edit this post and let you know when im back home. And I totally agree with you, their is no 100% protection and that everything has its strong points and weekness.