Bdproductdata.exe Missing

chrisj
chrisj ✭✭

I have recently installed AntiVirus Plus 2015 on several machines, some with v.18 & others with v.19.

In the process of fine-tuning & cleanup on these new Windows 7 installations, I found a scheduled task, created by the BDAV install process, that wants to run bdproductdata.exe. The task is set to run at system startup, then repeat daily. However, on the machines with v.19, that file does not exist, but in v.18 it does exist. Therefore, the task fails. No error message, I only discovered this while doing something else in Task Scheduler.

Was the file erroneously dropped from the v.19 update, or is it no longer needed?

Comments

• chrisj
    chrisj ✭✭

Update - scheduled task was created by v.18. V.18 was subsequently removed & replaced by v.19. The task apparently was not deleted by the uninstall process. I just now did a test install ov v.19 on a machine that did not have any BD product previously, and no scheduled task was installed.

This thread can be deleted.

• Hi Chrisj,

The v19 does not have that task and if it was still present, then it remained from v18.

Before any installation you can use this tool to make sure that v18 is uninstalled:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2016_UninstallTool.exe

This discussion has been closed.