Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Question About Firewall Pop-Up Alerts

Options

My Bitdefender is running on paranoid mode.

The question is: what happens when we don't interact with an 'Allow'/'Block' pop-up alert in case of an app trying to access the network? Does it, by default, 'Allow' or 'Block' the app?

PR

Comments

• Unknown
    edited July 2016
    Options

Good question. I think...

I've been running in paranoid mode for almost eight months and have interacted always and have now 84 of my own rules.

I didn't even know not interacting was an option.

Cheers.

• Pr0
    Options

Good question. I think...

I've been running in paranoid mode for almost eight months and have interacted always and have now 84 of my own rules.

I didn't even know not interacting was an option.

Cheers.

Actually the question concerns those occasions when I am not near the computer. :)

• Hi Pedro and Dallas7,

Whenever the pop-up from the Paranoid mode appears, there are 4 possibilities:

1. You select Allow and in that case a new rule for that application is created to allow it;

2. You select Block and the new rule will be created to block it;

3. You press the X button to close the window, the application will be allowed but no rule is created so next time you access that .exe file, the pop-up will reappear.

4. You do nothing, in this case the application will be blocked and no rule is created.

• Pr0
    Options

Question answered.

Thanx Malware's Bane! :D

PR