Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bts Crash Problem

Options

I've been using BTS 2008 for 3 months, the first 2 months, everything is fine. But this month, everytime I use "shred files" tool and "clean internet files" tool, my BTS crashes, and it also takes days to analyze in "disk defragment" tool. :blink: :blink: I even tried to repair my BTS but no change. How can I solve this problem ? Thank you

Comments

• You could use the Uninstall Tool provided by Bitdefender and then reinstall it. Don't forget to unplug the network cable or disable the connection while you are not protected.

You can get the uninstall tool from here.

• predator
    Options

Thank you for your help, but there still are problems with my BTS

• s4u
    Options

Did you install any new software?

• Niels
    Options

Hello bitdefender_user,

How large are the files that you want to shred? Did you already tried to only add one file to shred each time? Did you ever defragged your hard disk in the past? If not than it's normal that it can take a while that depends on the size of your hard disk, how many files and folders and also how fragmented your hard disk is (this will happen when you remove something) and also how many drive access there is at the moment you are performing the analyze or defragmentation process. Try this click on start,my computer, right click on the icon of your hard disk or partion press on properties,tools,under error-checking select Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors press on start you will be asked that chdisk will take place at next boot accept that. At the next boot your system will be defragmented. Did you first right clicked on the red BitDefender icon near the system clock and pressed on exit before you ran the uninstall tool?

Best regards

Niels

• predator
    Options

OK, I've fix the problem, the reason was because my transformation pack, it's changed the ".dll files"of the system so there were some problems with tuneup.dll. Thank you anyway for your help, Niels, I'll use your guide for my next problem with BTS (if there is).