Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable to uninstall and Activate protection

Options

Hello all,

I'ts been months that my PC has installed Bitdefender Free working fine, but all on sudden I notice that the real-time protection gone off.

So, I tried to activated, but it is stuck on OFF.

After that I tried to install it again, but I am unable to uninstall it!!  ("cannot copy installer")

Error 2.jpg

I tried then to install it from the installer, but I got an error too..... ("You do not have sufficient access to unistall Bitdefender Antivirus Free. Please contact your system administrator.") 

Error 1.jpg

The antivirus does updates and scans, finding no viruses.

Do I get a virus? How's possible? 

My S.O. is Win 7 64bit with all the latest update.

Thank you

Screen.jpg

Comments

• madred
    Options

I had same problem, tried most things but all failed. Did System Restore and that cleared it.

Bitdefender is plagues with increasing problems.  If you are looking to have free AV and can clear the Bitdefender try 360 Total Security.. I used it for years before Bitdefender with no problems, now I am having problems with Bitdefender so probably discard it and go back to 360 TS or Emisoft.

• Thank you, but I have figure out how to uninstall it.

I created a desktop shortcut of pbinstall  and I added "\uninstall"

Only in this way I could get rid of this antivirus...

After that, I ran a couple of different antiviruses, but no one found anything, so I presume the program didn't get infected by a malware.

At the moment I have installed another brand, which is a shame because I like Bitdefender principally because it doesn't bother you with ads....