Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Worst ever AV for update times

Options
toltec
edited June 2017 in Update

Bitdefender is awful when it comes to updating

Bitdefender takes forever to update. Sometimes up to one hour.

I have put it on nine (9) computers and it is exactly the same, Sloooooow.

I like it and trust it but it is useless for mobile computing. I am often out visiting clients and in hotels and can rarely leave it in one place long enough for it to sort itself out, so I am often a few days behind with updates. It is clearly designed for desktop or stationary computers only.

I would say it was me or my computer but nine computers don't lie.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the negative experience you have encountered with the product.

However as you mentioned you are traveling and hotels do not offer the best of internet connections. Moreover if the machine is on a energy saving profile this will also impact the speed of the updates.

• Hi Toltec,

Since when did this issue happened? 

I currently do not have any issues on the updates on this product.

Actually there are some factors that affects on the update speed. One is the quality of the internet the machine gets.

Basically, this is the main means of connection for the updates.

The other is the condition of the machine itself. There might some minor problems on the machine which caused the issue. 

Lastly, the servers of the product which is the source of the update. If there are some maintenance or issues, this will definitely affect the update speed.

Hope this helps to narrow down the causes of this issues.

Cheers! default_happy.png

• toltec
    edited July 2017
    Options

Sorry, took a while to reply.

It happens with all PCs (9 from memory) one of which is an i7 with an SSD and 16gb of RAM. The PCs are scattered on different internet providers but they all have pretty high bandwidths. Anyway, I am comparing Bitdefender to Kaspersky and a couple of Avira machines which are on the same network and all work much, much faster. And they give a notification of download progress.

It is faster on the i7 but still very slow compared to Kaspersky. The biggest issue on the laptop (an i3 with 8gb) is lack of any progress report. Sometimes it churns away for 20 minutes, sometimes over an hour which is a problem on the laptop because I don't know whether to abort the update or wait for it to finish. And if I wait, how long should I wait ? Before i installed BD I had Kaspersky on the laptop and it was never an issue, even in the same hotels. Is your update server very slow maybe? maybe because i am in the UK?

I think I could live with it being slow, but slow and no idea of how long it will take is a deal breaker. At least on the laptop. I nearly changed back to Kaspersky on the laptop but  have been really busy so haven't got round to it..

When the subscriptions run out i might put BD on 5 and Kaspersky on the rest, so it's not the end of the world but I do prefer BD apart from that.