Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

High CPU Use with Outlook Running

Options

New user who just installed Bitdefender 2018, and immediately noticed unusual cooling fan activity that I would not have expected. It turns out that when Outlook 2016 is running, CPU usage for the Bitdefender Security Service exceeds 30% and stays at high levels until Outlook is closed. As soon as Outlook closes, CPU use returns to nearly 0%. This is happening on every machine I've tried.

I'm getting the impression that this was happening to some users for previous versionsd of the product (which I've never used). Is there any workaround or fix for this?

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• To add to my original post, if I disable the antispam add-in in Outlook and restart Outlook, the CPU usage stays at normal (almost 0%) levels. If I then re-enable the add-in, CPU usage spikes back up to previous levels -- so it seems to be an issue with the Outlook add-in.

Thanks,

Rob

• orion8245
    Options

I have the same problem. My PC runs very slow when running Outlook. When I disable the add-on in Outlook (bdo.dll) everything is fine.

• SebastianDI
    edited July 2017
    Options

Aha. And why, why u use Office or Outlook?

Try not to use Outlook. Use different and more safety stuff.

This arrogance is shining. They get Software for free (i guess they go to facebook BD, doing a new account, 90 days trial, as soon this acci is off, they rise a new acci, then again 90 days....)

this arrogance is really bad.

BE HAPPY U GET PROFESSIONAL ANTIVIRUS FOR FREE. OR USE WINDOWS DEFENDER. DO NOT COMPLAIN. TRY TO HELP BITDEFENDER BY SHOWING MORE DETAILS. DO NOT FORGET. YOU GET THEIR ANTIVIR STILL FREE, IF UR CLEVER. Ah here. If i was Boss of Bitdefender, i would lock their IP's so they can only catch 90days free once. All of them create a new account on GMAIL and then they get a new brand new license for 90 days again....maybe many here need a slap.

Hey No Smitheyboy, buy a new computer. Or send your hardware back to your company (and then they sell it back as "new" to innocent customers). They are the fail, not you.

• Hello,

Please install the latest updates for Office(especially update 1707) then reboot the computer.. To update, open Office> File > Office Account > Office Updates > Update Now.

Thank you

• I can confirm that Danielst's suggestion worked on two different machines I tried last night. After updating to Office version 1707, CPU usage is what I would have expected even with the plugin enabled.

Thanks!

• bley
    Options

On 10.8.2017 at 11:35 PM, Danielst said:

Hello,

Please install the latest updates for Office(especially update 1707) then reboot the computer.. To update, open Office> File > Office Account > Office Updates > Update Now.

Thank you

Had the same problem. This instruction fixed it. Thanks

• fresh229
    Options

I noticed the the CPU usage of vsserv.exe incresead during games too what is really annoying because the whole game FPS decreases :( 

• does anybody of you use software that does the fan speed run slower? Bitdefender blocks Zotac programs. Programs that make the fans run slower. Turn off "threat defense" and reinstall any software, that makes the fan speed run slower.

• 7 minutes ago, SebastianDI said:

does anybody of you use software that does the fan speed run slower? Bitdefender blocks Zotac programs. Programs that make the fans run slower. Turn off "threat defense" and reinstall any software, that makes the fan speed run slower. Or again, does anybody use here a software, that makes the fans run slower? Threat defense might block it, it seems.