Bitdefender 2018 is blocking inetpub/IIS

Latest win10 x64 build and bitdefender that auto updated from 2017 to 2018.... inetpub/IIS service is not working anymore. I have 3 intermec mobile computer that need to send and receive files to/from the desktop pc. I have to turn off bitdefender firewall to make the transfer work. In 2017 there were some "predetermied system rules" to change. Now those rules are not there anymore. I've tried uninstalling 2018 with its tool, reainstalling, rebooting etc.

Is there any another solution than turning off the firewall or downgrade to 2017 version?

Comments

• Hello,

Please ensure that your Adapters are set as Home/Office under Firewall > Adapters.

Also at the bottom of the page for Adapters, you will have the option to force the Home/Office behavior on them, please set it to Home/Office as well.

• On 29/9/2017 at 1:03 PM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Please ensure that your Adapters are set as Home/Office under Firewall > Adapters.

Also at the bottom of the page for Adapters, you will have the option to force the Home/Office behavior on them, please set it to Home/Office as well.

It's already set that way. The intermec handeld is not able to find the desktop. As soon as I disable the firewall it show "server found". They also told me to disable the "hidden mode" of the firewall but nothing change...

• Hello,

Please add the server's IP as a exception in the firewall.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2397/

• 4 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Please add the server's IP as a exception in the firewall.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2397/

The server IP is the same computer where bitdefender is installed and where I receive the files from the intermec handeld(these have Windows CE installed). So are you saying I have to allow the IP address of the computer itself to the firewall?

Thanks