Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Stop scanning my DVD drive!

I'm trying to read a DVD of data (not a movie disc) but Total Security 2018 insists on scanning the disc each time I put it in the drive. When it does this I click on Stop but it carries on scanning. I've tried clicking stop multiple times but it still carries on. Consequently I can't read the disc while BD is doing this. I can't even end task the scan from Task Manager because it denies access. I've also tried turning off the shield but the thing turns itself back on when I put the disc in! Stop scanning my bloody drive!

The disc contains a few hundred PDF's. I can't sit and wait for it to finish scanning all of them.

How do I disable disc scanning permanently?

Comments

• Go to Bitdefender →Protection→View features→Antivirus→Click on the settings wheel→Drives and devices→Scan CD/DVD and select Disabled.

• 20 minutes ago, Jester said:

Go to Bitdefender →Protection→View features→Antivirus→Click on the settings wheel→Drives and devices→Scan CD/DVD and select Disabled.

Ah, thank god for that. That was driving me nuts! Thank you.

• 2 hours ago, soopytwist said:

Ah, thank god for that. That was driving me nuts! Thank you.

You are welcome!