Bitdefender and Dashlane password manager

I am using Bitdefender 2018 and Dashlane password manager. If I have the "Advanced Threat Defense" module enable it causes the Dashlane to come a warning "Dashlane has stopped working" I have put the Dashlane.exe for being excused from this module but it still happen. The error also does not happen right away it sometimes takes hours. I am running windows 10. Thank you for your time and help.

Comments

• Same problem here.  I had to add both dashlane.exe and daslaneplugin.exe to the advanced threat defense white list.  That seems to have stopped the dashlane crashes.

• I am having the same issue, I tried Tech support, but they want me to recreate the issue, send a screen shot, etc. Not much help. All I want to know is how to whitelist Dashlane and Dashlane plug in as I am not very tech savvy. 

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks. 

• Here are the instructions I received form Dashlane.

Our team thinks that these crashes are related to Bitdefender injecting a DLL file into our process when Dashlane is running. Could you please follow the steps below to see if it helps?

1. Open the main interface of Bitdefender then click on the menu button from the upper left corner,

2. Select Protection from the left sidebar, then click on View Features from the right side of the window,

3. Click the option gear icon under Advanced threat defense,

4. Click on Add applications to the whitelist,

5. Navigate to Dashlane's installation folder, which is C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Dashlane\ where %username% is your Windows username. You will have to click on the folder tree until you find this folder. If your AppData folder is hidden, please follow these steps here to show the hidden files on Windows,

6. Now add Dashlane.exe and repeat the same steps for DashlanePlugin.exe,

7. Now restart your computer or end both Dashlane processes in your Task Manager and restart Dashlane.