Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cant Sign in to Bitdefender antivirus free version

Options

Hello to all members,

Today my PC (windows 8.1) had repeated blue screens of death due to DPC watchdog violation.I googled a bit but cant find a fix,so restored my PC back to previous restore point.

It's working fine now,but unfortunately Bitdefender antivirus free version on my PC stopped working.So,I uninstalled it & reinstalled it again (after using CC cleaner to deal with registry errors after the uninstallation).

But now I cant sign in to bitdefender.It says to activate Bitdefender antivirus free version but when I am clicking on the  " Sign in to Bitdefender" nothing happens!

I can sign in to Bitdefender central without any issue but cant activate Bitdefender antivirus free version.

I'm attaching a screenshot alongwith.

Regards & thanks for any help in advance.  :)

Untitled.png.f72b3e2d6f2c620723e58d9fb4aea338.png

Comments

• Please anyone,guide me:(

• There is no "anyone"  from Bitdefender, you are on your own....

•  

On 11/2/2017 at 6:10 PM, Aneik said:

Hello to all members,

Today my PC (windows 8.1) had repeated blue screens of death due to DPC watchdog violation.I googled a bit but cant find a fix,so restored my PC back to previous restore point.

It's working fine now,but unfortunately Bitdefender antivirus free version on my PC stopped working.So,I uninstalled it & reinstalled it again (after using CC cleaner to deal with registry errors after the uninstallation).

But now I cant sign in to bitdefender.It says to activate Bitdefender antivirus free version but when I am clicking on the  " Sign in to Bitdefender" nothing happens!

I can sign in to Bitdefender central without any issue but cant activate Bitdefender antivirus free version.

I'm attaching a screenshot alongwith.

Regards & thanks for any help in advance.  :)

This seems to be caused by the system restore. My best advice would be to upgrade to Windows 10 as you can do it for free and it will certainly fix it...

• Andrei B.
    edited November 2017
    Options

You can try to delete(If present after CCleaner registry cleaning) all the registry keys from Bitdefender located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE, as well as all Bitdefender related folders under C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files(x86) & C:\ProgramData.

If this doesn't solve the situation, i would advise you to run this tool: https://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2017_UninstallTool.exe

As a last resort, you can try to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10.

Please let us know how everything went. :)

• Aneik
    edited November 2017
    Options

Thanks all of you for your replies:)

Unfortunately I don't want to upgrade to windows 10 (used it earlier,didn't like it).

Tried what Andrei B said but it didn't work.

I came across this exact same problem in  previous posts (made by several other members) in this forum & it's highly likely that the system restore is not the culprit.

Maybe it's a software glitch, I don't know.

Shifted to another Anti-virus solution.

Thanks again for your replies...

• i just installed bitdefender free edition and have same problem, looks like a bug, or any solution?

i'm not going to upgrade to windows 10, thats not the solution

• 5 hours ago, chxei said:

i just installed bitdefender free edition and have same problem, looks like a bug, or any solution?

i'm not going to upgrade to windows 10, thats not the solution

Install any other AV solution for now & wait for a new update/patch from Bitdefender.

It's definitely a software glitch,so waiting for an updated version will be the best bait.