Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Free blocking AdBlock and AdBlock plus updates

Ever since the Fall Creator's Update, BD Free is not allowing ad blockers to update or sometimes even work in the Edge browser. If it is turned off, everything is fine. This didn't happen before the Windows 10 update. The blocks do not show as events either, it just happens. BD Free has been reinstalled, the Edge browser has been reset, nothing works

Comments

• Still happening with 1.0.9.54

• Hi, can you be more specific about the adblockers?(name of the adblockers, version)

• One is AdBlock, the latest version which is 3.2.0.The other one is Adblock Plus and the version number is again , the latest one, 0.9.9.0.

• Still happening with 1.0.9.55

• Still have to turn off protection to get updates to work

• dch48
    edited November 2017

Still happening in 1.0.9.59. It doesn't show an event so I can't say what the servers are.

• 10 hours ago, dch48 said:

Still happening in 1.0.9.59. It doesn't show an event so I can't say what the servers are.

I'm using Ublock origin and it's able to update with no problem. Why not try that adblocker ? 

• dch48
    edited November 2017

Add another one to the list. uBlock Origin is nice but it's filter updates are also blocked by BD free. Every filter says there was a network error. Just like AdBlock and Adblock Plus, if the BD protection is turned off, updates are received with no problem.

Again, this is in the Edge browser, I don't and won't use Chrome or Firefox.