Potentially Incompatible Software Found

Hi

I'm trying to install the Free addition on a Win 10 Home machine that was upgrade form Windows 7 years ago.  It is complaining that Microsoft Security Client was detected but I've disabled Real-time protection, firewall, everything in the Windows Security Centre, and even updated the registry as per Option 2 here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5918-turn-off-windows-defender-windows-10-a.html   But it always complains about Microsoft Security Client.  I also successfully installed AVG free on there as a test and it still didn't install Bitdefender afterwards,

Never had this problem with any other Win 10 machine and can't see anything else that can be turned off.

Followed the on-screen prompts, as it requests reboots, but after 2 days and dozens of reboots later, it still insists Microsoft Security Client is present.

Comments

• Hello,

The Microsoft Security Client is a relic of Windows 7. Its not active under Windows 10 because of the new Windows Defender, however its not properly removed.

Please remove the following registry entries :

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Client

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Client

Alternatively can try using CCleaner to remove the entries.

• Hi Sorin

Thanks for the reply, that was one  of the avenues I investigated but couldn't find a foolproof way to ensure it was disabled/removed.  I'll change the registry entries the next time I'm on site with the client.

Cheers