Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scanner being blocked (Canon MF Toolbox)

After an update on either Wednesday or Thursday last week, I discovered that both my old Canon multi-function printer connected via USB and my new network multi-function are being blocked by Bitdefender free. Well, more specifically it seems to be interfering with the MF Toolbox v4.9 (the latest version). I should mention, this is happening on all three computers and all started at the same time. One has the old printer connected via USB, but all three connect to the network printer. Also, this does not affecting printer, only scanning using the MF Toolbox software. 

This is very reminiscent of the LAN/internet issues back in October. I have verified that it is Bitdefender, because when I turn off the Protection Shield in the Protection tab, the scanner/software works fine, so something in Bitdefender changed that causes this software to not work correctly when the protection is active. 

Has any one else seen this issue? 

Bitdefender, please look at this and or offer an urgent work around. I tried adding the software folder to the Exceptions tab, but clearly this is only meant for scans, so it didn't help. 

Comments

• Hello. Maybe you need to add network addresses to printers exceptions?

•  

On 15/04/2018 at 11:49 AM, Rampant said:

Hello. Maybe you need to add network addresses to printers exceptions?

I tried that (just in case), I also tried adding the exe file and the whole folder,  but Exceptions appears to only be for skipping things during a scan. But besides that, it wouldn't affect the local scanner. Also, the issue is specifically with MF Toolbox not the scanner itself.