One click Optimiser

How come when I re-run One Click Optimiser a few seconds after having run it the first time (and without running any applications in the interim) BD still indicates it can free up multi-MB space? In fact I can repeat Optimiser multiple times and each time it still finds multi-MB space to free up even though I haven't done any web browsing or run any other applications. Seems to suggest that Optimiser isn't working properly.

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Sergiu C.
    edited March 2018

Hi, 

Files that are in use are not deleted, so as to not interfere with the functioning of the apps that are using them. It's normal for some "issues" to be left each time you run the Optimizer. 

• I've found at times the same thing can happen with CCleaner. Probably for the same reason(s) as Sergiu mentioned?

• It is a bug in their software. Normal. Use stuff like CCleaner. This has to be all. Never combine many cleaners. If so, you might ruin your System, then you might see in your event log stuff like DCOM errors. My advise - use only 1 cleaner like CCLEANER.

Regards,

DI

• On 21.3.2018 at 1:58 PM, columbo said:

I've found at times the same thing can happen with CCleaner. Probably for the same reason(s) as Sergiu mentioned?

Strange - coz i never saw it on my System. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Mister GURU Poster. :D

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2018

22 minutes ago, SebastianDI said:

Strange - coz i never saw it on my System. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Mister GURU Poster. :D

So you like CCleaner, too. Good for you :) Thanks for your post and interest, it's good to have you here :)

edit: Oh, and by the way, SebastianDI, just because my status here is Guru, doesn't mean I'm a computer and software wiz, it's just a designation the forum gives when hitting a certain number of posts. I figure I'm good at general helps issues, but for the more complex computer and software understanding of which many who post here, are far ahead of me in that regard, for sure :)

• BEFORE I FORGET:

Modern HDD's or CPU's need a clean only once a month. You use stuff, that is totally NOT necessary. You even ruin your System with those tuning tools. CCLEANER is a good tool to use. But use it not too often.

Regards,

DI

• 1 minute ago, columbo said:

So you like CCleaner, too. Good for you :) Thanks for your post and interest, it's good to have you here :)

Hey i help people. What u gonna do?

• On 3/23/2018 at 8:40 PM, SebastianDI said:

It is a bug in their software. Normal. Use stuff like CCleaner. This has to be all. Never combine many cleaners. If so, you might ruin your System, then you might see in your event log stuff like DCOM errors. My advise - use only 1 cleaner like CCLEANER.

Regards,

DI

Hi, 

What I mentioned is accurate, our Optimizer is configured to ignore files that are in use. 

/index.php?/profile/213500-jtcl/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="213500" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/213500-jtcl/" rel="">@jtcl if you believe this is not what happens on your computer, please do send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com so that we can further investigate. Thanks!

• SebastianDI
    edited March 2018

Thanks for answering. LOL sure u cant clean everything if the browser is open?! LOL. But take my advise, do NOT use too many cleaners on WINDOWS. LOL.

Regards,

DI

• On 29.3.2018 at 8:35 PM, SebastianDI said:

Thanks for answering. LOL sure u cant clean everything if the browser is open?! LOL. But take my advise, do NOT use too many cleaners on WINDOWS. LOL. Segiu i have some probs with noobs here. For example, my advise rescued the timeout command of their hard-disks. I showed them the error. Why people bug at me.

Regards,

DI

• Hello, I use Wisecare 365 Pro,

and I have never had any problems:mellow: