Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Install fails

Options

Hi,

The base system is windows 10, 64 bit, with updates installed. At some point I noticed that bitdefender protections were not enabled and would fail to enable when attempted. So I tried to install a new copy from the web site. The install would not complete. So I used the deinstall tool from 2015 which  completed and tried again - no joy. I repeated the sequence with the removal tool from 2018 and with the revo utility - no joy. I also tried to clean out various directories in c:\program files including bit defender free,  bit defender agent, as well as various registry entries related to bit defender.

And still no joy. I also contacted support and was told that there was NO support for the free version.

Before I give up and find an other anti virus tool (any suggestions??) I though I would consult all of you.

Thanks,

David

Comments

• Hi,

And then it installed - ??

All I did was to download yet again. And it complained about an other anti virus product and once deinstalled it came up.

No idea what happened.

Dave

• Alan C
    Options

Okay, thanks for posting this.

I just had exactly the same problem, I've also uninstalled it after not being able to enable it. So far I've downloaded it twice with the 'Error, please reboot before installing' message coming up, so perhaps I should keep trying again.

Is yours still working OK now Dave?

• total
    Options

Browsing this forum , you can clearly see that THRE IS NO SUPORT for BitDefender free. In my opinion BitDefender free is some sort of Beta for the paid version and we are the  guinea pigs.

Get Avira free or even MSE /Defender (100% in latest AV Test)

• Alan C,

Yes, it seems to be working without any problems. A couple of points. Find and use one of BD deinstaller programs. Make sure there are no BD directories in \program file before you download the installer (eg: clean system).  Allow the reboot and click on the red link to the user agreement to make the installer button blue. Disable all running programs - BD install is a resource hog and can time out.

Good luck.

total,

Not really true - they were the ones that pointed out that clicking the terms would start the install.

Dave

• Alan C
    Options

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the info. It took a bit of experimenting then I did get it installed and running successfully using the method I described in the other thread on the same subject -

/index.php?/topic/79358-error-please-reboot-before-installing/" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/topic/79358-error-please-reboot-before-installing/

Cheers, Alan

•   That’s a nice advice.