2018 to 2019?

We are still covered by 2018 product, if I was to purchase the new 2019 will it follow on from the end date of my 2018 subscription or start immediately on purchase?

Comments

• You can upgrade to the 2019 version of your BD product with your current license, either by following the uninstall/install process explained /index.php?/topic/79302-how-to-upgrade-to-2019/" rel="">here or by waiting a bit (likely a couple of weeks) until the update will be automatically made to your existing install. I don't believe the BD bridges licenses (not 100% sure) so you might be best to wait until your current license is near its end before activating a new license. Once you activate a new license the clock starts running on it.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

When you buy a promotional new version of Bitdefender, your 12 months subscription is automatically ADDED to your current subscription. 

ex: You have 133 days left on your current 2018 license. 2019 license (365 days). 133 + 365 = 498 days left.

When a new 2020 version comes out, your 2019 will also be upgraded to the latest 2020, through updates, for the remaining days, until you renew or let Bitdefender expire. 

• 9 minutes ago, mdgboxx said:

When you buy a promotional new version of Bitdefender, your 12 months subscription is automatically ADDED to your current subscription. 

ex: You have 133 days left on your current 2018 license. 2019 license (365 days). 133 + 365 = 498 days left.

When a new 2020 version comes out, your 2019 will also be upgraded to the latest 2020, through updates, for the remaining days, until you renew or let Bitdefender expire. 

Thanks for your very helpful response, but I'd like to know exactly what you mean by a "promotional new version of BD". Does that include any new valid license or only a purchase made through the BD site? TIA!

• meta4
    edited July 2018

Thanks all, that's what I was after. There is a promotion here for the new BD 2019 pricing, that's why I asked initially.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

4 hours ago, Bill_k said:

Thanks for your very helpful response, but I'd like to know exactly what you mean by a "promotional new version of BD". Does that include any new valid license or only a purchase made through the BD site? TIA!

BD sent an eMail offering the 2019 version at a discount. I took advantage of it. It added 365 days to my remaining 2018 subscription and installed 2019.

In another topic, someone asked if he could use his "3 device" license to add his girlfriend's laptop. A member replied: "Sure you can". I don't know about that one. I would imagine it "risky" to say the least.

I Googled BD, and the 2019 version is sold at full price. I can only guess that, as a promotion, BD is offered to current paid license holders. None of the other software I have bought, offer promotions to "trial" licensees.

A Mod could clear that up in a jiffy.

• 8 hours ago, mdgboxx said:

BD sent an eMail offering the 2019 version at a discount. I took advantage of it. It added 365 days to my remaining 2018 subscription and installed 2019.

In another topic, someone asked if he could use his "3 device" license to add his girlfriend's laptop. A member replied: "Sure you can". I don't know about that one. I would imagine it "risky" to say the least.

I Googled BD, and the 2019 version is sold at full price. I can only guess that, as a promotion, BD is offered to current paid license holders. None of the other software I have bought, offer promotions to "trial" licensees.

A Mod could clear that up in a jiffy.

I to took advantaged of a discounted 2019 BD and now have a subscription finishing in 2020.  Thanks all.

• do not upgrade from 2018 to 2019. I did it and I got only problems. 2019 is not working very well.

• ABSOLUTELY DO NOT UPGRADE TO Total Security 2019. 

I have used Bidefender's support site and it is totally totally unresponsive.

Previous versions over several years made me think I finally found a security solution that works but this experience is rapidly changing my mind....

Steve

This discussion has been closed.