Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BTS2018 never ends to scan Thunderbird profile folder

Options

Hi all,

my BitDefender Total Security 2018 can't scan  \appdata\roaming\thunderbird\profiles\[my_profile]   to an end!  Not within full system scan, nor as contextual scan. Usually full system scan took about 7 hours to scan about 16 million files, now it reach 15 million and it is still there after 35 hours, and where is it scanning? within emails! So I made it scan Thunderbird profile folder under \appdata to check what's going on and I verified the problem is related to mails! Weird thing: BD keep scanning 300k + mails (and I can see the name of the single mail change one after another) but I have only 20k mails in thunderbird (imap)....

A possible clue: before this last scans thunderbird asked me if I wanted to "consolidate" messages, and because it gave me no option (it would have done it automatically if i wouldn't give my ok to manual mode) I clicked OK.

What do you suggest?

Thanks

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

If the scanned items number is still going up it would mean that the scan isn't stuck. It may be that the email archive file is overcompressed and is simply taking a long time to scan. 

I'd recommend also running a system scan, with the Thunderbird folder excluded, just to ensure that everything else has been scanned. (the mail archive file is not a threat itself). 

Also, can you let us know how much space the Thunderbird folder is occupying? 

• I'm having an issue here as well. Picture attached. I don't altogether understand the idea of starting again with a full scan which excludes the things that don't scan well. It seems to go against the purpose of a full scan. Also, I'd love an explanation of all those password protected files. I don't knowingly have any. Note that the figures 8 and 2 for resolved and unresolved have been there for almost all the scan.

Computer full scan with bitdefender.jpg

• /index.php?/profile/212852-sergiu-c/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="212852" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/212852-sergiu-c/" rel="">@Sergiu C.  Thunderbird folder occupies 4.18 GB of disk space.  It never took so long to be scanned before compression, is there any means to permanently decompress the culprit folder?

• I seem to be having the same issue also with Thunderbird, after 3 hrs I had reached 99% completion on the scan but I am now at 16hrs and still not complete (i'm glad I didn't wait up for the last 1% to compleet

• I just gave up in the end and cancelled the rest of it. I did also open a ticket with support, but I didn't get any advice that solved it. Only a comment that there was no bug involving Thunderbird....