BitDefender Total Securty 2019 blocks Zemana Antilogger signatures updates

Rotschreck
edited September 2018 in Archive

I changed my AV from ESET to Bitdefender 2019. I also use Zemana Antilogger (not antimalware) since 4 years.

Since I use Bitdefender, I am unable to update the signatures database of Zemana Antilogger.

Zemana told me that BiDefender blocks these updates. So I made a test by disabling all functions of Bitdefender and the Zemana signatures updates are OK.

So, how can I Set BitDefender to allow the database signatures update of Zemana antilogger ? It is not two concurrent products. The Zemana antilogger is not an AV nor a firewall.

Comments

• From what I can see on their website, Zemana AntiLogger in addition to Keystroke Logging Protection, also has Anti-Ransomware protection, Adware removal, Malware scanner, Zero day Protection and  Realtime protection. 

This makes it more than just Anti-Keylogging software (which Bitdefender itself is), it's a full suit. Because of this there is bound to be some interference.

Maybe you shout try whitelisting it in the BD firewall (if you're using internet security that is) and AV components. But in my opinion, Zemana Anti-Logger itself seems unnecessary here. 

• Rotschreck
    edited September 2018

Thank you.

I already added the exe in exclusion in threat defense and AV and in whitelist of the Firewall. No luck.

But I didn't noticed that BitDenfender total security 2019 was an antilogging tool and a Keyscrambbler. If it is the case, I can surely uninstall Zemana.

I will check this in the doc. I forgot the famous "RTFM" !!!

• 21 minutes ago, Rotschreck said:

But I didn't noticed that BitDenfender total security 2019 was an antilogging tool and a Keyscrambbler. If it is the case, I can surely uninstall Zemana.

Keyloggers are a form of malware. You're covered by Bitdefender on this. 

22 minutes ago, Rotschreck said:

I already added the exe in exclusion in threat defense and AV and in whitelist of the Firewall. No luck.

Hmm, strange. You should wait for one of the devs then or contact the support. 

• Edit: *Anti-Keylogger software 

• I Don't know what's happened, but since 4 days, all works fine. I didn't made any change, Nothing. Totally weird.

This discussion has been closed.