Insecure Connection

alan1951
edited September 2018 in Archive

Since updating to 2019 version I have been getting "Insecure Connection" with some websites using Firefox. One of the ones I get it with is Facebook.  Previously, clicking Advanced would give you the option to ignore it but this cant be done as I get the following message:- "This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate."  This is also happening on Google

Comments

• TempleKa
    TempleKa
    edited September 2018

Getting this as well with every https page I'm trying to load. Only solution I found to solve this is to disable "Encrypted web scan" in Protection/Online Threat Prevention Settings or use Chrome instead of Firefox. But this is an old issue with Bitdefender that happened from time to time with older versions as well.

Untitled.png

• Thanks for that, it worked.

• Hello, 

For Firefox please try the following steps:

- open Firefox

- press on the menu button in the upper right that looks like three bars one under another

- go to Options

- go to Privacy & Security

- press on View certificates

- go to Authorities

- delete any Bitdefender entries in the list

- press on Import

- navigate to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache

- select fake-ca.crt and press on Open

- check all the boxes you are prompted with

- press on next until the certificate is installed

- in the same certificate window, click on the Bitdefender Personal CA.Net-Defender certificate, then on Edit Trust

- check the box "This certificate can identify web sites"

Restart Firefox . A restart of the computer may also be required.

If the issue is in other browsers try these steps instead:

- press Windows start button and type certmgr.msc, then press Enter

- select Trusted Root Certificates > Certificates 

- right click on Certificates and choose All Tasks > Import 

- press Next > then Browse to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache\fake-ca.crt > press Next again

- click Automatically select the certificate store > Next > Finish

Then check if websites load with Encrypted Web Scan enabled. 

• Thanks for that, now working again

• 12 hours ago, alan1951 said:

Thanks for that, now working again

Glad to hear it, thank you. 

• I just went through this problem with Bitdefender Support (Bitdefender Total Security 2019, Windows 10 64-bit) because facebook.com was being blocked in Chrome. Rather than turn off all of the Encrypted Web Scan function, the support tech suggested:

1. Update Bitdefender and make it is at least version 23.0.9.25 (this build version supports Encrypted web scan exceptions and the older ones do not).

2. If you have version  23.0.9.25  or higher, Open Bitdefender 2019 > Protection > Exceptions (under Online Threat Prevention) and copy & paste here the address of the page that doesn't work properly. Click ADD, then Save and restart your browser.

I discovered that it's necessary to enter the full URL (www.facebook.net) before clicking Add. Entering "facebook.com" did not work.

This discussion has been closed.