Partial Refund BD 2019

I have several tickets in for BD 2019 issues and never get a reply from BD.  Finally,  I asked them two weeks ago how to get a refund for my remaining subscription (no reply).  When I paid for a subscription,  BD 2018 worked just fine.  It isn't my fault that the company forced me to upgrade to a version that doesn't allow me to print or access work websites. Everything works fine if I uninstall BD 2019. I guess I'm going to have to file a complaint with  the BBB or California Consumer Affairs. I'm also going to  post how I've been treated over social  networks.  I'm paying for a product I can't use.  Not a way to treat customers who have been with BD for many years. 

Comments

• /index.php?/profile/214719-dks/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="214719" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/214719-dks/" rel="">@DKSThis is what frustrates me, also.  I was left without the ability to read my encrypted USB drives or connect to any UK bank through SafePay... with no fix even hinted at, and no solution from Support.

/index.php?/topic/79603-usb-problems-kingston-data-traveler-dtlocker-and-other-pasword-protected-usbs/&tab=comments&do=embed&comment=285549&embedComment=285549&embedDo=findComment#comment-285549" style="height:265px;max-width:502px;">

2018 was working well for me until the 'forced' change to 2019.  Since then too much has gone wrong; the issue of accessing my encrypted drives was critical for me.  After two days trying to find a work-around I eventually downloaded the uninstall program and deleted 2019 and all the issues were instantly fixed.

Like you, I have paid for this product over the past few years for three PCs, and still have many months left to run (ie. paid for), but have had to now download different software (ESET Internet Security) which I will also have to pay for (after my month's free trial).

I suspect that 2019 was released to satisfy the industry's need for big updates sonner and sooner.  I'd rather support a company that supports their users with working, tested software.  I had thought that this is what I was getting by paying rather than using free software. In the AV/Protection industry surely most users rate robustness over ever-more ludicrously early 'new release' dates?

• I totally agree with your points. The product is broken and cannot be used properly / as advertised. Also there is no reason to believe that all of this is changing soon. Support isn't replying, BD communication is more than poor.

I for my part had to migrate and invest into another solution (ESET = awesome) now as BD isn't capable to fix these major showstoppers with version 2019.

Please let us know what you can achieve in regards to a partial refund. It just makes no sense to pay for a product which actually harms your machines and daily work instead of delivering the advertised benefits. I went with the most expensive BD family pack recently and have been a customer for about 3 years.

This discussion has been closed.